Why is the Nokia Lumia 830 so expensive?

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't explain how people still buy the HTC One mini 2 that has specs but people only are complaining about the 830.

Android = lots of free apps, WP still has its limitations so ppl dont want to spend a premium on these phones. apart from Camera what other feature seems stand out on WPs.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If windows phone loses Microsoft's money then what is the point of it?

Is Moto G losing money? no, it makes up by volume. MS needs to increase marketshare and hence needs to open some pockets for it.
730/735 is not disruptive pricing they are just good enough for ppl familiar with WP to upgrade or atmost pull some more ppl toward WP( yes I agree on this) but it would have been far more attractive it was priced equal to moto g

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Is Moto G losing money? no, it makes up by volume. MS needs to increase marketshare and hence needs to open some pockets for it.
730/735 is not disruptive pricing they are just good enough for ppl familiar with WP to upgrade or atmost pull some more ppl toward WP( yes I agree on this) but it would have been far more attractive it was priced equal to moto g

Tell me, why should a company price a phone according to others? Why? Moto g is cheaper, but 730 is also launched at a cheaper price. What more do you expect. I know 730's sales would not cross Moto g's sales, still it would be a huge success

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Tell me, why should a company price a phone according to others? Why? Moto g is cheaper, but 730 is also launched at a cheaper price. What more do you expect. I know 730's sales would not cross Moto g's sales, still it would be a huge success

It was a chain of conversation, I was mentioning about "disruptive" pricing and gave example of 730, I already said 730 is launched at a good price, but not disruptive. which only means what you've said again, it might be a success but not beat moto g.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If MS cant price competitive, then at least it should start a good ad campaign, I still remember last year's 935 diwali campaign, they only focussed on the camera and lowlight capabilities.as a result today everyone agrees that nokia phones got great cams but they dont want phones with just great cameras, they want more features(which lumia phones have but dont advertize) and hence go for Samsungs and HTCs

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
That doesn't explain how people still buy the HTC One mini 2 that has specs but people only are complaining about the 830.

The HTC One Mini and other Androids have a mature OS with an ecosystem that gives users a relatively complete experience. The 830 doesn't. Now, I know that for the most part, most of us on this forum either are content with WP's experience and/or hate Google, but the general population (99.9999999999999% of users) doesn't see it that way.

If windows phone loses Microsoft's money then what is the point of it?

Exactly! I wonder how long Microsoft will keep WP going IF market share doesn't turn around soon.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One Mini and other Androids have a mature OS with an ecosystem that gives users a relatively complete experience. The 830 doesn't. Now, I know that for the most part, most of us on this forum either are content with WP's experience and/or hate Google, but the general population (99.9999999999999% of users) doesn't see it that way.

Exactly! I wonder how long Microsoft will keep WP going IF market share doesn't turn around soon.

So why don't you have an android then? The only way windows phone can get market share is if people actually buy the phones. People like you are discouraging others to buy the 830. WP can never get a complete ecosystem if they don't have awkward. If they don't get market share, developers won't make apps. It seems that all you guys do is just complain. Just stick to your nexus 5.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So why don't you have an android then? The only way windows phone can get market share is if people actually buy the phones. People like you are discouraging others to buy the 830. WP can never get a complete ecosystem if they don't have awkward. If they don't get market share, developers won't make apps. It seems that all you guys do is just complain. Just stick to your nexus 5.

There's nothing wrong in calling 830 what it is, overpriced.
Though I would hv liked 730/735 to have a dedicated camera button but wont count it as negative, its the best out there, I would personally recommend 730 to my friends n family.
you are right the only way WP can get marketshare is if ppl buy the phones, thats the reason we are shouting here for Ms to get the pricing right and also concentrate on its marketing.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Android = lots of free apps, WP still has its limitations so ppl dont want to spend a premium on these phones. apart from Camera what other feature seems stand out on WPs.
Free apps so developers that charge for their apps will struggle from. Piracy. Aren't you a developer?

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

if you think you are doing a favor by not criticizing even bad decisions of MS then u r wrong.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing wrong in calling 830 what it is, overpriced.
Though I would hv liked 730/735 to have a dedicated camera button but wont count it as negative, its the best out there, I would personally recommend 730 to my friends n family.
you are right the only way WP can get marketshare is if ppl buy the phones, thats the reason we are shouting here for Ms to get the pricing right and also concentrate on its marketing.
Microsoft don't read these forums. You can cry here for. Years but the only way to get your voice heard is in user voice and social. Media. Sites like facebook, twitter etc. These forums aren't even owned by Microsoft.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
more users, then u get paid via ads too. free apps doesnt mean free effort from developers.
we cant deny android is more mature and complete then WP, WP cant compete with their current pricing and bad marketing strategy.

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft don't read these forums. You can cry here for. Years but the only way to get your voice heard is in user voice and social. Media. Sites like facebook, twitter etc. These forums aren't even owned by Microsoft.

I'm and I'm sure others as well are calling the phones overpriced on social media as well as tech sites, and I dont think MS stays away from these forums as well.

and when they see their marketshare not going anywhere they'll understand ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium