unable to install new glance

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I am unable to install the new glance. It says that "This app is not available for your device.".
Anyone else unable to install?

AlexOwliver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't you have the prototype with Debian Red? I'd imagine you're off the list for updates until everyone else equalizes with you/you have actual production software on the phone. . .

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The 830 is not recognized on the nokia recovery software program yet. I assume once the phone is actually released in a couple weeks the phone will be recognized and we will be able to flash the latest firmware.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I read so much about prototypes...why would you buy a prototype??? Of course there should be problems? Are they much cheaper? Or are just soooo impatient :)

MXI

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Originally, it wasn't clear it was a prototype. But I got mine because I was impatient, and I figured AT&T was going to rip out QI charging so I was going to have to get it some other way anyway.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I am not using a prototype. Got it as a new set. Somebody mentioned that it is not compatible with the new Debian firmware.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I think this recently changed. I was able to successfully install the new glance after some time getting the same issue as the OP.

Unfortunately, it still doesn't work on the Debian Red prototypes.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I read so much about prototypes...why would you buy a prototype??? Of course there should be problems? Are they much cheaper? Or are just soooo impatient :)
I bought mine because I wanted to touch and use the hardware. As soon as it's release officially I can update just like everyone else.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
It works now but very limited apps that support the feature. I use MSN Health as a glance screen to track my steps. But I wish I can use a picture too as a backgroud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs