Lumia 930. 2 stage camera button.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi just a quick question. Just got a new 930 everything seems fine apart from the hardware camera button doesn't seem to be two stage. As in half press focuses, all the way down takes the photo.

Am I missing something?

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I know it's weird. I can hear the click of the first stage but then it also takes the photo before pressing it down further.

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a 930, too.

Normally, that button feels a little loose compared to volume and lock buttons, since it has two stages.

Stage 1: Slightly press = camera focus.
Stage 2: Fully press = launch camera/take a shot.

I think you know what I've said above. 👆 That's the normal status of the cam button. Make sure that you press the button slightly enough.

But if the two-stage button really doesn't work, like what you said... I think you will need to bring the phone to Nokia Care. I'm not sure but your phone may be flawed.

Idan Cohen

May 4, 2013
Visit site
He is actually correct, with the Nokia camera, after you take a photo with a full press, if you keep your finger only on the first stage to focus, it would keep taking pictures. With the Microsoft camera its not the same behavior. So I am guessing it is intentional?

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the comments guys, but as my post says it's not working correctly at the first stage. Just wondered if there was a setting somewhere I missed.
Taking it back to exchange it.

Rick_Air

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just to update in case you're interested. Swapped my phone yesterday after a bit of a struggle explaining to the guy in the shop that the button didn't work. He spent ages going through all the settings even though I said he wouldn't find anything. He took ages mainly due to the fact he didn't know what he was doing.
Long story, shorter. I now have a fully working camera button, even swapped from a black model, which was a bit dull to the orange, which was my first choice.
Could be a placebo, but the other buttons feel better too.

Again, thanks for your input guys.
(a very happy 930 owner)

Toan Le

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Congrats on your "new" and better Lumia 930, dude. Picking orange was a perfect choice. ;) Enjoy your phone. :)

(another happy 930 owner)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99