Lumia 1520 freezing randomly

moparman139

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have had my phone since march. I really like it but lately I have to restart it about once a week. Yesterday the battery got really hot and it kept showing resume on the screen. I turned it off and then back on and it was fine. Other times it acts like the back button is being pressed all the time, and sometimes the phone is just unresponsive to anything. Restarting it seems to fix it but only for a short time. Anyone else having this problem?

zain1986

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Yes the second problem u mentioned is a common problem. Happens to my phone all the time. Its just like pressing capacitive buttons and phone starts to act weirdly unless u lock and then unlock the screen. I think its a hardware problem or design flaw in 1520.

moparman139

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Another problem I have had is going from the lock screen to the start screen, sometimes when the start screen comes up I can't do anything, the tiles don't work,I can't scroll up or down. There have been a couple of times I had to shut it down and turn it back on.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This just started happening to me yesterday (Oct 5, 2014). The display will sometimes bounce up and down rapidly and then the touch screen and capacitive buttons no longer respond. If I lock and unlock it starts working again.

The only major change has been updating Glance. I've disabled that to see if it fixes the problem.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Since having glance screen turned off I haven't had the issue again.

Do any of you have glance and use the newest version that was just released?

zain1986

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine is not related with glance screen. I have done factory reset but the problem is still there. It is a hardware problem in my opinion.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So you don't have glance screen enabled?

Back before Cyan Glance caused a lock screen sensitivity issue where it would cause multiple key presses to occur. Several of us on here verified that.

Around the 3rd or 4th I had updated the Glance app and my issue started October 5th. It kept up through October 6th until I disabled Glance.

Some of the other Lumia model forums are reporting the same behavior happening as of a few days ago as well.

ba7m0nk3y

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
This just started happening to me yesterday (Oct 5, 2014). The display will sometimes bounce up and down rapidly and then the touch screen and capacitive buttons no longer respond. If I lock and unlock it starts working again.

The only major change has been updating Glance. I've disabled that to see if it fixes the problem.

This is exactly what would happen to mine as well. I had the unfortunate perk of Cortana coming up, listening to background speech and searching what she heard. Let's just say I was swearing a lot at one point and the search results were just as graphic.

For me also the only change that occurred was the update of Glance. Since its disabling and reboot of the phone, the issue has not happened again.

zain1986

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I turned off glance screen but still the problem is not fixed for my phone. Now the only solution left is to take the phone to nokia service center and get it repaired.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I turned off glance screen but still the problem is not fixed for my phone. Now the only solution left is to take the phone to nokia service center and get it repaired.
It could be just coincidence mine hasn't done it since turning off glance. I'll run another day with it off and then turn back on tomorrow.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't think they are Silverlight. That isn't supported on WP or RT. However, the xaml interface design markup is similar.

Anyway, I still get the issue even with glance turned off. It often seems to start when I'm not interacting with touch screen. It will be on and then the home screen starts bouncing up and down, then freezes. But it is happening less.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Interesting, I think they might be rebranding the Silverlight term? Silverlight was/is a web browser framework for rich UI designs. But that is dead at version 5. When I did some WP8.0 development it felt very much like WPF/Silverlight. Now there is Silverlight 8.1 which only runs on WP8.1.

Even as a developer MS can make things confusing.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I think they might be rebranding the Silverlight term? Silverlight was/is a web browser framework for rich UI designs. But that is dead at version 5. When I did some WP8.0 development it felt very much like WPF/Silverlight. Now there is Silverlight 8.1 which only runs on WP8.1.

Even as a developer MS can make things confusing.

I knew I'd spotted something on Twitter from a WP dev who was explaining the "resuming issue" on WP 8.1.
The Silverlight I'm referring to is WP 8.1 only.

I wasn't being rude when I said "pardon". In forums, you can never be sure of a person's intent when asking a question.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I knew I'd spotted something on Twitter from a WP dev who was explaining the "resuming issue" on WP 8.1.
The Silverlight I'm referring to is WP 8.1 only.

I wasn't being rude when I said "pardon". In forums, you can never be sure of a person's intent when asking a question.

I know, I just hadn't been following the WP8.1 development side in a bit. I was startled to find that they used the Silverlight name branding. It had developed a bad reputation among developers from the earlier browser embedded framework. But in some ways it works since WP development is very similar to the old Silverlight development.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
To get my own thread back on track it still appears to be happening. Today I had my home screen up, the capacitive buttons went dark and all touch became unresponsive. Then Cortana opened up. I don't think it was Cortana but the phone thinking I was pressing the search button.

Since disabling glance it's not doing it enough to be annoying. It just does it once every day or two vs. 10 times a day like it had been. I may try glance back on to see if it gets worse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss