Lumia 1520 freezing randomly

anon(5410855)

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same issues. I have tried all the suggestions in this forum (turn off glance, turn of double tap, reduced touch sensitivity). The problem has reduced but it's still there. Still looking for a fix. I have the international Lumia 1520.3 and I'm running developer preview latest updates.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to think in my case it is a hardware issue. It has been getting progressively worse. Sometimes it even does it on the lock screen. Luckily I have two weeks left on warranty.

Chad Stoos

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
It has to be physical. When my screen is jumping up and down, freezing, or Cortana is making a surprise visit, I have to physically flex the phone and it starts working again. I can turn it off and on too, but flexing so that the center is moved up and the sides are pressed down tells me there is some serious design issues with the digitizer. I have owned 4 HTC phones, the oldest has to be about 12 years old and it still works without flaw. I should have never taken a chance on Nokia. I also recently bought two 520s for my mom and daughter. They are craptastic too. Random network issues until a reboot is done.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
It has to be physical. When my screen is jumping up and down, freezing, or Cortana is making a surprise visit, I have to physically flex the phone and it starts working again. I can turn it off and on too, but flexing so that the center is moved up and the sides are pressed down tells me there is some serious design issues with the digitizer. I have owned 4 HTC phones, the oldest has to be about 12 years old and it still works without flaw. I should have never taken a chance on Nokia. I also recently bought two 520s for my mom and daughter. They are craptastic too. Random network issues until a reboot is done.

I still love my 1520 but the flexing is an interesting theory. The digitizer flakes when just sitting on the desk and not getting touched. I had it almost wipe out the data on my phone when it did it on the lock screen. After so many failed logins it goes into protection mode.

Waiting for Microsoft's answer to the iPhone 6+ (spec wise very similar to the current 1520).

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Replacement phone is working nicely. I'd suggest everyone having this issue get a warranty replacement before the warranty expires. If you got it on release day that's in a few days.

Paul Hellman

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
The last couple of days my phone went nuts again. Getting to the point that it happens while making calls,and then the calls get dropped. Was really hoping that the denim update would fix it but some of the earlier posts make it seem that it wont. I deleted my browsing history yesterday and it hasn't happened today. Will see how long that lasts.

Mayank Tripathi1

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
i also using lumia 1520 after purchasing this, from begining facing a big hanging problem, heating issue, my device has send 5 to 6 time for repaire but problm as it is same, really it is worst phone in the world dont purchase lumia devices in the future

Mayank Tripathi1

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
microsoft care center could not help you because i have same problem in my lumia 1520 device due to hanging and freezing, in this situation i submit this device 5 to 6 time in service centre but they not rectify the problem, this is the worst phone in the world

Bell040

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been doing this ever since I replaced the screen. I am very good with electronics and I did a flawless install of the screen. After reading about possible software fixes... I turned off:
- Glance,
- Device Hub
(both by setting the date to the year 2200 and opening them in settings),
- Cortana (I stopped her from running in the background at first, and now turning her all the way off)

I still have the problem. I tried WP10TP very optimistically, but the problem was 1000 times worse. I could use the phone for about 30 seconds before it would lock up. The only way to get it back to normal was to reset it. I am back to WP8.1.

Did anyone ever have a breakthrough with this issue?

Bell040

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Found out why my screen kept freezing, turned off WIFI sense and have not had any freezing. I use to freeze every 10 minutes now it only froze once in two days.

I had the same results. Phone is much better with WiFi sense OFF. Instead of 5-6 freezes per day, I now get only about 1/day.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Next time these "phantom taps" occur, I suggest powering the phone on, going to the start screen, taking the phone and slamming it extremely hard down to concrete very hard several times until the display goes black. After this you should never experience "phantom swipes" ever again! :)

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for the damage of your phone due to the above procedures. Proceed at your own risk

bairdwc

May 9, 2012
Visit site
So my story goes like this. I tried the iPhone and Samsung Note Edge. Really, nothing compares to the Nokia Lumina. The photos are so much better but like all of you, mine went on the fritz getting so bad that I ordered an HTC One. Once again, photos weren't so good and no Glance even with Windows 10.

I disabled Glance and nothing really changed. I disabled Sense and removed News and now it's functional. It's been a day with zero crashes although it gets a little funky on occasion.

That being said, I don't understand Microsoft at all. They have all of these cool things and abandon them. If you are going to do hardware, go full out. Don't spend billions on something and then walk away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium