Why is there such a lag between my Bluetooth & HERE Drive+?

ktrazy

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth & HERE Drive+

Here's a little backstory... I JUST bought an off-contract AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020. Paired it up with my car and got audio and phone to pair up. Sweet!

Here's the issue: I'm listening to music on Spotify, have HERE Drive+ give me navigation directions. One moment the music's playing and I'm jamming out. Next, HERE Drive+ gives me navigation directions, stops the music, plays the directions as a "phone call", "hangs up" said "phone call" when directions are done being prompted, then takes about 10-15 seconds for BT Audio to come back up, and I'd have to go back into the 1020 and press play again to resume playback of music.

Suggestions?

Vehicle: 2012 Mazda MAZDA3 iTouring SkyActiv hatchback
Phone: AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020 (Matte Yellow)
Bluetooth: Both phone and Mazda are using OE Bluetooth devices from their respective factories

I've never had an issue with phones and navigation before on any other Android or iOS device. Kinda sad I sank $360 into a phone that may very well not be compatible with my Mazda.

socalgunner

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth & HERE Drive+

I had the same issue and finally disabled the voice in Here Drive +... Problem solved. (to my satisfaction anyway!)

Stu77

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I had this problem in my works van if the option in Bluetooth->Advanced-> use an alternative Bluetooth audio connection for speech was turned on. Try changing that setting to see if it helps you out.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I've been having this problem the past few days too in my work van through a Sony stereo. I've turned off the Nav Voice for now. The other problem I've had is if I'm listening to the radio etc but my phone is still connected via Bluetooth to the stereo then I don't here any notifications or calls etc. Pain in the ****!

ktrazy

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

I found this thread with this comment which may or may not help you, judging by the discussion.

URL truncated due to lack of posts...

Have you looked into Driving Mode? Settings -> Driving Mode
I've looked into Driving Mode. It's turned off right now, as far as I can tell, it just disables calls coming in or texts and does an auto-reply if wanted. I'll check it out and report back.
I had the same issue and finally disabled the voice in Here Drive +... Problem solved. (to my satisfaction anyway!)
As much as I would love to have that as an option, I wouldn't want to disable voice. I'm going on a 2,000 mile road trip for Rally North America and HERE Drive+ is great to download states I'm going through and not have to worry about using up data. Though I do see that my Lumia is dying while charging. Looks like I'm going to have to find an alternative and quick. Leaving this Friday.
I had this problem in my works van if the option in Bluetooth->Advanced-> use an alternative Bluetooth audio connection for speech was turned on. Try changing that setting to see if it helps you out.
It's turned off at the moment, but I'll turn that on and see what happens. Thanks! I'll report back on this as well to see what results it yields.
I've been having this problem the past few days too in my work van through a Sony stereo. I've turned off the Nav Voice for now. The other problem I've had is if I'm listening to the radio etc but my phone is still connected via Bluetooth to the stereo then I don't here any notifications or calls etc. Pain in the ****!
Yeah, I've noticed that too with my Mazda. Unfortunate. Anything other than pure audio coming through the speakers (notifications, Drive+ directions, etc... comes in as a phone call and it's annoying as high hell.

josh_zombie

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I wish there was some type of solution to this issue. I have to use Scout because I can't stand missing the first/important parts of the directions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes