Lumia 1020 sold off for 13999/- in Flipkart

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Which one did you get? As in colour. And how is it?

Thanks buddy.. I got it in Black.. It's so cool.. It's brand new.. perfect.. I am setting it up.. It came with 8.1 and Cyan.. Though I am finding little bit difficulty handling it cause I am so used to the giant 1320 and due to that camera hump.. Haven't played with the camera at all.. Will play with it extensively in the evening.. It's beautiful, but a little small.. Loved it anyways...

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

adnan720

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
today i have received L1020 @ 13999 rs.
noticed
8.1 update
no physical button light not working - arrow key, windows key and search key
and phone heats too much
:(

Kiran Jagadeesh

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I think its normal at least for couple of charging cycle..I mean for a week or so to settle the battery down..but if the issue persist longer than 2 weeks ,you should be a little concerned and visit the Nokia/Microsoft care center..let the battery run down completely and charge up to full in the beginning...later you can try a soft reset by pressing volume down and power button simultaneously for about 10/15 seconds until the device boots itself..Just one thing I want to know, does it take really long time between the shots?? Is it really slow on all the tasks including Camera,browsing,app loading ,switching and between general navigation through the system??

Greetings akshaypn :)

Thanks for your valuable info. I will follow it.
And the phone is FAST ;-) No lags whatsoever.

To Members here, I don't know if its the right place to ask this,but is there some startup links that you guys can point out for me as this is my first Windows phone. I was on android previously and have no idea with this device.

adnan720

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
also noticed camera images is not good
fuzzy images, pixels softness on zoom .
may be its on 8.1 update . i am updating with DEV .

Kiran Jagadeesh

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Greetings to members here

Yet another update from my side. This time its not positive.
Just minutes after replying here on the forum I had SCREEN FLICKER issue. :(
I tried multiple reboots but no use.
A soft reset has fixed this and its fine for now.
But now I can see a few dead pixels on my screen towards the bottom :(
It appears only when the device has a black background.

Should I take it to Nokia care?

I'm really having a bad feeling about this flipkart deal :(

Abhishek Yadav1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site

To Members here, I don't know if its the right place to ask this,but is there some startup links that you guys can point out for me as this is my first Windows phone. I was on android previously and have no idea with this device.

welcome to windows phone buddy!you 're at the right place below is a link, you can go through the article or can download pdf in the article!for anything you can search wpcentral.com or can visit you devices' forum!
thank you.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...tos/268132-beginners-guide-windows-phone.html

Abhishek Yadav1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Greetings to members here

Yet another update from my side. This time its not positive.
Just minutes after replying here on the forum I had SCREEN FLICKER issue. :(
I tried multiple reboots but no use.
A soft reset has fixed this and its fine for now.
But now I can see a few dead pixels on my screen towards the bottom :(
It appears only when the device has a black background.

Should I take it to Nokia care?

I'm really having a bad feeling about this flipkart deal :(

if you don't feel good go for replacement from flipkart!

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site

Kiran search for the thread" Beginner's guide to Windows Phones".. It's a very comprehensive thread, hopefully you would get all the info, tips and tricks there.. For any issues you can search the forums and I think you will find the right thread and the solutions... Even you can look it up for your dead pixels issues too.. At the least you would come to know about others experience with the same problem and what they did..

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
also noticed camera images is not good
fuzzy images, pixels softness on zoom .
may be its on 8.1 update . i am updating with DEV .

Hey have you updated your 1020 to PfD 8.1.1?? Noticed any difference or improvements?? I am also not that impressed with image quality specially using Nokia Camera, noticed grains /fuzziness on top right corner of pics.. But I have no experience in photography and just trying to understand different settings, so maybe I am doing something wrong.. I would like to upgrade to PfD 8.1.1 if it helps improve overall pic quality.. Please share your experience.

Abhishek Yadav1

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey have you updated your 1020 to PfD 8.1.1?? Noticed any difference or improvements?? I am also not that impressed with image quality specially using Nokia Camera, noticed grains /fuzziness on top right corner of pics.. But I have no experience in photography and just trying to understand different settings, so maybe I am doing something wrong.. I would like to upgrade to PfD 8.1.1 if it helps improve overall pic quality.. Please share your experience.

well try to go manual..play with iso seetiings shutter speed and all!!

Ashish Bhandari

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone... i want to know how is the camera quality... many are complaining that images are blur and picture quality not upto the mark.. is it true?? anybody used camera??

akshaypn

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone... i want to know how is the camera quality... many are complaining that images are blur and picture quality not upto the mark.. is it true?? anybody used camera??

Ya, so far I am not that impressed.. But the reason could be my inability to tweak the settings and getting the best out of it.. I could only say anything firmly after couple of days more.. One thing for sure though, system camera is giving me far better images than pro shot or Nokia Camera even in auto mode..

DJ_SS

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
First of all congratulations to you all for being the proud owners of the best imaging handset till date!! I am a long time lumia 1020 user and a software engineer and I wouldn't advise you to install the Preview For Developers (until of course you are a developer). The reason behind this being PfD operating systems are somewhat unfinished softwares and have some rough edges and most of the times they might cause heating and battery drain issues. Hence, I would recommend you to enjoy the awesome device you have received as it already has the latest cyan update :)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't advise you to install the Preview For Developers (until of course you are a developer). The reason behind this being PfD operating systems are somewhat unfinished softwares and have some rough edges and most of the times they might cause heating and battery drain issues.

?? What ??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb