Warning - Nano SIM slot issue on 735

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I received my Lumia 735 today, and noticed an issue with the Nano SIM slot.

The design of the slot is poor, in that it allows you to push the SIM too far into the slot, so that the end of the SIM is flush with the slot opening. This means that it is extremely difficult to remove the SIM from the slot, as there is nothing to grab on to (all of the SIM is hidden inside the slot).

As soon as I pushed it in I though 'how the hell am I supposed to get it back out'.

The slot is a 'push in, pull out' type. There is no moveable tray, or spring back mechanism...

The only way I could force the Nano SIM to come back out of the slot was too use a pin (I used an old SIM tray unlock tool) to stab the SIM through the holes in the top of the metal slot. This way I could force the SIM back out (very slowly), but it also damaged the top of the SIM which is now full of little dents.

On re-inserting the SIM I made sure to leave it sticking out by 1-2mm so that it could be grabbed by fingernails. The SIM is detected by the phone, so it shouldn't matter if it's not pushed in all the way.

The photo below shows how far I have left the SIM sticking out, the blue line indicates how far you can push the SIM into the slot, and the red box shows the hole that I had to push the pin in to stab the SIM card to drag it out of the slot.

3.jpg

DannyHeard

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, haven't put my sim in yet and I would have pushed it all the way in lol

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Son78

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Guys, it's actually a 'push in, push out' type of a slot. :) Push it in until you hear a click and it comes out of the slot. And when inserting it, it needs to be pushed in until you hear a click.

manu3787

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
it happens with the 730 too, only one of the slots is push in push out type , the other is clumsy , need to use a pin to remove it.

TheRor

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Man I should never have listened to the "advice" about pushing the simcard all the way in until it clicks. Now it's stuck and I haven't a prayer of getting it out. Just got the phone yesterday. Back to the store, I guess. :angry::angry:

20 minutes later. Take that back. Was trying to insert it in the wrong slot. Still, be warned. The space is tiny and the nano won't go in at first. Thanks for putting up the picture, made me realise where the gdmn thing should've been all the time. :)

Last edited:

Celine Dior

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
It's actually a spring back slot... I have never had a problem and when I push it is pops back out... The Nokia Lumia is an absolute gem and I would highly recommend it... Also by the looks of your phone, that nano sim is one you have cut yourself from either a normal or micro sim... Therefore it need sanding down to fit in properly to be able to be sprung back out....

Donchik

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I think there has been considerable confusion here. The spring-back slots are for the Micro SD card, not the SIM card.

You should not over insert the SIM card as has been said, This will then be very difficult to remove.

To remove the SIM card it's just a matter of "Grip" A very small portion of the SIM protrudes, and I personally use a rubber band under my thumb to get sufficient traction to draw the SIM card back, and out of the slot.

I hope this helps those struggling to get it out :)
D.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
To end this confusion... Sim is "push in push out" with spring. Micro sd is just push without spring. Both slots works perfectly and cards are not moving.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett