Over/Under TMobile Update by End of Year

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I think that'll be the case.

Granted, I've got an unlocked phone, so I'm only waiting for the update on the off-chance that it'll fix Internet Sharing being broken since 8.1 first went out. And it might not anyway, so I'm not too worried personally. With the music cracking issue, I think my better course of action would be to go Android if I'm staying on T-Mobile.

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
My biggest problem is wifi calling. I work on a oil ship and wifi calling I a huge deal for me. I'm thinking its time to just bit the bullet and swap to a iPhone.

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Instead of switching phones which I'm pretty sure that is what they want you to do. How about we T-Mobile windows phone users take a stand and demand they to get off their lazy asses and start pushing out updates. It shouldn't be taking them this long in the first place.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Rant:
Even though I have posted previously that I can wait and the DP8.1 with updates has been fine this has not really been the case.

My T-Mobile Lumia 925 is a wonderful device that I feel is still in the running.
A hopeful wish is that T-Mobile will wake up and realize that many long time users are waiting in the wings for some improvements.
Having real doubts that T-Mo will remember they have Windows phone users as of late.

I would gladly move to another semi-premium MM phone if offered from T-Mobile.
Looks like that may not be in the cards either.

We have shown faith in T-Mobile buying 2 L635's that are excellent devices for our needs.
Cyan on the the T-Mo 635 is more than good with it's stability.
The low price plans on T-Mobile are exemplary and certainly a good draw for the provider.

Not sure why T-Mo is not in the game as far as officially updating the Windows OS on existing user devices.
This is becoming somewhat frustrating and may cause us to move to another provider.

Summary:
T-Mobile ain't lookin' so good lately in spite of low priced plans...

jwballing

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion there is not going to be an update. First we are told summer. Then in September I was told October and I have an email from support that states that. Now when I called today, I was told with in two months. I would not hold my breath. But I would be asking for a full refund if we do not get it. I purchased the phones based on there advertisement that they will be upgraded to 8.1.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm at the point I don't really care now. Got the 635 that I really like (on P for D and doing well). Kinda grew impatient for higher end Windows phone, bought myself new iPhone6 (first ever iPhone). As of today, if the 830 is offered by Tmo, I'll most likely get it.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
T-mobile's CEO is very active on Twitter -has anyone thought to ask him directly? Matter of fact in an interview a week or so he said he has met with Elop a few times and was impressed.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion there is not going to be an update. First we are told summer. Then in September I was told October and I have an email from support that states that. Now when I called today, I was told with in two months. I would not hold my breath. But I would be asking for a full refund if we do not get it. I purchased the phones based on there advertisement that they will be upgraded to 8.1.

I love T-mobile, but if they don't update the 925 at least to Cyan (need Bluetooth LE) I will jump ship to another carrier. I despise AT&T, but they got all their phones updated within a month or so of release.

koolnaija

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Doubtful he would respond to individuals like us. I tried last month but i believe if the wpcentral reached out to him directly he might respond but who knows.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why people are panicking over this, honestly. Okay, I get that a few people desperately NEED Wi-Fi calling, but is it really that much of an emergency to the point of jumping ship to other (bloodsuckingly leeching, at that) carriers?? Really? Personally, if I was that desperate to get Wi-Fi calling that worked again, I would just do as Guytronic did and pick up a 635 as another backup. Otherwise, I'm fine with my 925 running on 8.1 via DP. It does everything I need it to do.

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't get why people are panicking over this, honestly. Okay, I get that a few people desperately NEED Wi-Fi calling, but is it really that much of an emergency to the point of jumping ship to other (bloodsuckingly leeching, at that) carriers?? Really? Personally, if I was that desperate to get Wi-Fi calling that worked again, I would just do as Guytronic did and pick up a 635 as another backup. Otherwise, I'm fine with my 925 running on 8.1 via DP. It does everything I need it to do.
Turns out T-Mo is the real bloodsucker: Complaints of "forced" JUMP! additions point to same old weakness in sales culture » TmoNews

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

There's a simple solution - don't be a weak customer and don't sign up for JUMP! Such B.S. Plus, this isn't brand new news. Do you honestly think AT&T and Verizon aren't guilty of this sort of thing, not to mention countless other scams? Because last I checked, they are. Might I remind you of how AT&T owes billions to customers and initially refused to refund them? That story was floating around recently as well.

I've been with T-Mobile since January 28, 2002. Aside from one incident I had at one of its stores in my neighborhood back in January 2011 after losing my phone, I've had ZERO negative experience with them. The simple fact of the matter is NO ONE can force you into paying for anything you don't truly want.

Munter2

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
There's a simple solution - don't be a weak customer and don't sign up for JUMP! Such B.S. Plus, this isn't brand new news. Do you honestly think AT&T and Verizon aren't guilty of this sort of thing, not to mention countless other scams? Because last I checked, they are. Might I remind you of how AT&T owes billions to customers and initially refused to refund them? That story was floating around recently as well.

I've been with T-Mobile since January 28, 2002. Aside from one incident I had at one of its stores in my neighborhood back in January 2011 after losing my phone, I've had ZERO negative experience with them. The simple fact of the matter is NO ONE can force you into paying for anything you don't truly want.
All the carriers are evil, but you are missing the point of the article. T-Mo reps were signing people up to jump and not telling them. They encouraged customers to walk rather than letting them have the advertised price for plans. That's pretty much acting like vampires to me. Read the comments section.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I've hit Mr. Legere up quite a few times on Twitter for praise/funnies/help and he tries, but honestly he is so in bed with Apple and Samsung, it's hard to think that MS/Nokia is even on his radar. For better or worse, T-Mobile turns Windows Phones fast. With having the 530 and the 635 in their inventory - and both available under $100 without contract - I don't see them committing to another Windows Phone until market share picks up. This would include devoting the resources to updating the 925. They abandoned the 810, I expect the same with the 925.

That said, I also don't see T-Mo bringing in another flagship Windows Phone. I think they sold a crap ton of the 521's for $50-100 and that is their bread and butter price range right now. Smartphone users that want that $100 a month family plan, but don't want to buy a phone. That sub $100 price point is great for those users. Right now, you can snag a bevy of CPO devices in that price range or a few lower end Android phones. The Alcatel OneTouch Fierce 2, Evolve 2, the LG L90 and the Sammy Exhibit are in that $100 range, new without contract. Looking at the high end - Apple, Samsung, LG, HTC and Sony are top tier devices with Apple and Sammy pulling down first row mentions.

I just don't see them wanting to push Windows Phone until Window Phone can compete market share wise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro