10-21-2015 01:35 AM
61 123
tools
    I think he meant a gap in performance/feel/specs/performance?
    Really ?
    10-08-2014 08:33 PM
    It's sad. When I got my Lumia 820 about 9 months ago, it came in with a loose camera hanging off and a defective speaker.
    10-08-2014 08:41 PM
    No surprise, Its a Nokia.
    anon(8532178) likes this.
    10-08-2014 10:09 PM
    Really ?
    That's how I took it. Not many 830s in circulation. The pic was clear - the gap is a manufacturing flaw. So I didn't think he was insinuating that the gap is "normal." Then again, this is a thing on the internet...
    10-09-2014 05:22 AM
    No surprise, Its a Nokia.
    Wrong. It's a Microsoft Mobile phone.
    10-09-2014 10:19 AM
    Can u buy the wireless charging flip cover. I wanna see it in pictures.
    10-09-2014 12:33 PM
    No surprise that this seems to be an isolated incident as with every OEM (one family member just returned an Xperia with display issues and another exchanged their iPhone 6 for a second time). I expect this to be another superiorly-built Nokia (now MS Mobile) product.

I hope they get your replacement to you soon.
    10-09-2014 01:20 PM
    No surprise that this seems to be an isolated incident as with every OEM (one family member just returned an Xperia with display issues and another exchanged their iPhone 6 for a second time). I expect this to be another superiorly-built Nokia (now MS Mobile) product.

I hope they get your replacement to you soon.
    You know what the "Nokia" phones, Xperia and the iPhone all have in common? They are all being built by Foxconn. So perhaps the problem is with Foxconn's quality control.
    hasasimo likes this.
    10-09-2014 08:19 PM
    You know what the "Nokia" phones, Xperia and the iPhone all have in common? They are all being built by Foxconn. So perhaps the problem is with Foxconn's quality control.
    It's sad that Nokia was reduced to the same class as the iPhone in its dying days. I had no idea Xperias were being assembled by Foxconn as well. That's disappointing. For my money, Sony is the best OEM outside of Nokia, or what used to be Nokia.
    10-09-2014 10:16 PM
    If your in the states an auth repair shop..palcocellphonerepair.com did an outstanding job on my cracked 1520..they can even change the body of your phone,,well at lease on the 1520.
    Check them out,

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    10-10-2014 06:32 PM
    You have 14 days to swap it for another make of phone and 28 days to get it replaced completely. The store cant send it to Nokia as they are obliged by law to give refund/exchange
    10-10-2014 07:07 PM
    For the record, I will get a brand new replacement today. Didn't take too long considering I took it back to the store on friday and it was sent to a service point in another city for inspection.
    10-14-2014 03:22 AM
    Same issue here bro! I have the exact same gap between the Metal Chassis and the glass.... But on the right corner. I am going today for replacement :(
    10-15-2014 10:55 PM
    Nokia looks like its been dropping down in quality lately... But that's really bad. I bet your really upset. I feel really bad because its such I nice phone.
    nallWhite likes this.
    10-15-2014 11:28 PM
    Every single OEM on earth has bad batches. I'm actually surprised it's been so few thus far.

I hope those of you with imperfect units get quick replacements.
    10-16-2014 01:00 AM
    Same issue here. :/
    11-05-2014 07:30 AM
    well...this is nothing compared to the easily-breakable-Motorola-screens-rant lol

there was pplz even swearing it cracked out of nowhere hahahah

but this pretty much shows any OEM has issues with defective phones!

relax, this problem is easily solved with a replacement/refund...unlike another Moto X issue, the cracks on the borders, which Motorola refused to do anything about lol
    11-05-2014 08:05 PM
    My screen is loose too. I noticed it after I applied a screen protector. That was after noticing earlier that the screen makes LCD ripples all over the place.

Nobody should be under any impression that this is a top quality phone. It's the last of a dead brand. What do you expect? I'll probably just see how long this lasts before I break down and get an Android. They're hasn't been a masterpiece of a WP device since the 925.

Microsoft dropped the ball on this one. No proper flagship for the holiday season.
    11-06-2014 08:23 PM
    Had exactly same issue here. After accidently destroying my Lumia 925's screen allready for the third time (Allthough phone still works after a swim in lake in my pocket, drop on concrete and beeing forgotten on bonnet with all the consequences. I would suggest it is in quite perfect condition - only the screen should be replaced and blown vibra and button's backlight fuses changed) I went for a new Lumia 830. The first glitch I noticed was an oversensitive search button. If screen was set to very-sensitive mode (in order to use it with gloves) the search button would hit by itself. It's kind of disturbing when you read some news, write an e-mail or just play some game. So I switched back to normal sensitivity and the bug was gone. By then I was planning to return the phone to my carrier after six months mandatory period and repair my Lumia 925 once again. After a month or so I was wiping the screen and noticed that funny glue-sticking-noise. Looked carefully and found out that I was able to stick my VISA easily under it. So the next morning I took my 830 to my carrier's office and they accepted it on behalf EU warranty regulations or whatsoever. The guy in shop said it's not the first time him seeing a loose screen on 830. So after 6 days my phone is back - the screen has been replaced, everything looks firm now and I didn't have to pay a single Eurocent for that. Let's see if that fix holds and I am thinking about rather keeping my 830 than reanimating the 925 for now.
    02-24-2015 04:47 PM
    So weird. I have 14 days on my provider to check for defects on my phone.
    02-24-2015 08:47 PM
    Had exactly same issue here. After accidently destroying my Lumia 925's screen allready for the third time (Allthough phone still works after a swim in lake in my pocket, drop on concrete and beeing forgotten on bonnet with all the consequences. I would suggest it is in quite perfect condition - only the screen should be replaced and blown vibra and button's backlight fuses changed) I went for a new Lumia 830. The first glitch I noticed was an oversensitive search button. If screen was set to very-sensitive mode (in order to use it with gloves) the search button would hit by itself. It's kind of disturbing when you read some news, write an e-mail or just play some game. So I switched back to normal sensitivity and the bug was gone. By then I was planning to return the phone to my carrier after six months mandatory period and repair my Lumia 925 once again. After a month or so I was wiping the screen and noticed that funny glue-sticking-noise. Looked carefully and found out that I was able to stick my VISA easily under it. So the next morning I took my 830 to my carrier's office and they accepted it on behalf EU warranty regulations or whatsoever. The guy in shop said it's not the first time him seeing a loose screen on 830. So after 6 days my phone is back - the screen has been replaced, everything looks firm now and I didn't have to pay a single Eurocent for that. Let's see if that fix holds and I am thinking about rather keeping my 830 than reanimating the 925 for now.
    Glad they could fix it so quickly.
    02-24-2015 08:48 PM
    Well, I left mine at the service center today, noticed the the top right corner is slightly unglued... I hope it will be fixed soon, because I've noticed it after two days from purchase date :) So it is definitely under the warranty.
    04-18-2015 10:08 AM
    That happened on my first 830, I have had 2 more and neither have this issue. I think it was fixed in manufacturing pretty quickly.
    04-22-2015 07:15 PM
    Replaced one at a store with this issue. Swapped without question.
    04-22-2015 07:29 PM
    My Lumia is back to me too. The whole assembly with screen has been changed under the terms of warranty. So repair, which costs 180 EUR here was made.
    04-29-2015 02:49 PM
61 123