10-21-2015 01:35 AM
61 123
tools
    I am using Lumia 830 for 10-11 months now. Yesterday I applied new Back cover which is hard plastic cover.
    Today I noticed that Screen was slightly slide outside from Right side corner. I removed mobile from cover, and screen looked ok. Again I put cover back and after sometime I noticed screen looked slide outside. I was able to press sceen back in casing, but it was sliding out again.
    I permanently removed cover and found that sceen is not coming out, but its surely loose now. What should I do?
    Would service centre able to fix it easily? I hope they can just glue it back instead on replacing whole screen which I assume would be costly affair :(
    I am from India.
    09-24-2015 02:15 AM
    The same thing exactly happened to my Lumia 830 two weeks ago; it's on repair now.
    I'll report back later.
    09-24-2015 02:30 AM
    Your 830 is 10-11 months old that means it is still under warranty.
    I would suggest you to get it fixed by Nokia/Microsoft care centre ASAP.
    svknet likes this.
    09-24-2015 02:33 AM
    The same thing exactly happened to my Lumia 830 two weeks ago; it's on repair now.
    I'll report back later.
    Please let me know...
    09-24-2015 03:19 AM
    The screen is held down by two-sided adhesive. I think it would be very hard to put new adhesive in w/o taking the screen off.

If you are nearing the end of warranty, you probably need to be quick. One thing you can try before you send it off is to apply a slight amount of heat to the area it's lifting with a blow dryer. Then press it back down and see if it sticks. The goal is to activate the adhesive, in the event that is was never fully adhered in that area.

With the above said, don't heat it up. Just a little warmer than room temperature. And, it may not be a permanent fix, so I would do this if not under warranty. If under warranty, you may want to send it off.
    svknet likes this.
    09-24-2015 08:17 AM
    I'll report back later.
    So you have got your phone back, or is it still in Service Centre?
    What was repair work involved? just applying glue, or replacing whole screen unit?
    09-28-2015 05:11 AM
    Don't have my phone back yet. I'm still waiting for any news.
    09-28-2015 05:56 PM
    The phone returned today.
    The whole display unit got exchanged. Aside from the loosening display unit, the display showed four bright spots only to be seen on a bright background; another problem widely discussed.
    svknet likes this.
    10-09-2015 10:29 AM
    The phone returned today.
    The whole display unit got exchanged. Aside from the loosening display unit, the display showed four bright spots only to be seen on a bright background; another problem widely discussed.
    So due to bright spots you had to replace display unit?
    I don't have any such issue, only my screen is loose on top right corner. My office colleague applied some industrial glue by slightly lifting screen and suggested to keep phone undisturbed for 3 hours with clip clamped to screen for 3 hours. But unfortunately it did not work. Now I have no choice but to take phone to service center.
    10-12-2015 01:23 AM
    What I didn't notice until this morning when closer examining the returned device, was, that not only the display section has been exchanged but the phone on the whole. The extras menu shows a build creation date 8 months behind the date of my purchase. I don't think they exchanged the phone because of the display flaw but because of the loosening of the glass from the metal frame. I hope they changed the build process in the meantime so that such a flaw does not appear with the new version.

So this might come out as something positive for you when returning your phone.
    In any case, keep us up to date, please.
    svknet likes this.
    10-12-2015 04:27 PM
    I got my loose screen fixed last Saturday. I went to official Microsoft Care (earlier Nokia Care).
    At counter, lady attending me, asked me if there is any other major issue other then loose screen. I said no other issue, then she asked me then why can't I countinue with loose screen. I said that loose screen gap may increase. Then she gave my phone to Technician sitting behind her in cabin. He spoke something and returned phone. She told me that whole display panel needs to be removed and replaced. I said that only glue that hold screen has come off, and applying some glue could solve problem. She again gave my phone inside to Technician and they talked with each other. Technician again returned phone to her, and she came back and told me that Glue can solve my problem. It will take 30-45 minutes to do it. I agreed and paid (Indian) Rs 250. After 1 hour I got my phone back. Now screen is fixed, but very small dry glue is sticking out on right corner where screen was loose.
    Its 4 days now I am using it and screen seems to be firmly attached. I hope it remains in same manner for another 4-5 years :)
    10-21-2015 01:35 AM
61 123