Got my 830 today... Screen is loose!

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Been in touch with the shop the guy said he wrote Nokia to ask how he should handle a DOA case like this. But it seems Nokia has a 7 day DOA warranty and will reimburse or replace the device. Now I just hope it won't take too long before I have a new phone.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
No surprise that this seems to be an isolated incident as with every OEM (one family member just returned an Xperia with display issues and another exchanged their iPhone 6 for a second time). I expect this to be another superiorly-built Nokia (now MS Mobile) product.

I hope they get your replacement to you soon.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No surprise that this seems to be an isolated incident as with every OEM (one family member just returned an Xperia with display issues and another exchanged their iPhone 6 for a second time). I expect this to be another superiorly-built Nokia (now MS Mobile) product.

I hope they get your replacement to you soon.

You know what the "Nokia" phones, Xperia and the iPhone all have in common? They are all being built by Foxconn. So perhaps the problem is with Foxconn's quality control.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You know what the "Nokia" phones, Xperia and the iPhone all have in common? They are all being built by Foxconn. So perhaps the problem is with Foxconn's quality control.

It's sad that Nokia was reduced to the same class as the iPhone in its dying days. I had no idea Xperias were being assembled by Foxconn as well. That's disappointing. For my money, Sony is the best OEM outside of Nokia, or what used to be Nokia.

DuncanBishop

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
If your in the states an auth repair shop..palcocellphonerepair.com did an outstanding job on my cracked 1520..they can even change the body of your phone,,well at lease on the 1520.
Check them out,

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
You have 14 days to swap it for another make of phone and 28 days to get it replaced completely. The store cant send it to Nokia as they are obliged by law to give refund/exchange

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
For the record, I will get a brand new replacement today. Didn't take too long considering I took it back to the store on friday and it was sent to a service point in another city for inspection.

windows94

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Nokia looks like its been dropping down in quality lately... But that's really bad. I bet your really upset. I feel really bad because its such I nice phone.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Every single OEM on earth has bad batches. I'm actually surprised it's been so few thus far.

I hope those of you with imperfect units get quick replacements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6