Got my 830 today... Screen is loose!

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
So, finally after waiting for two weeks I got my white 830 today. Was so happy and first hand impression was that is really looks and feels premium.... Until I noticed this weird sticky sound while I was pushing the back cover in place. Turns out the glue is letting go of the screen in the top left corner and there's actually a very prominent gap with the backlight clearly shining through.

This it was it looks like:

What a disappointment. :( Been browsing the local (Swedish) Microsoft and Nokia websites but there is no phone number or email adress to be found anywhere. I guess I have to contact the store I bought it from but from what I read they do not really have a good reputation when it comes to support.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It looks like the screen has been displaced from its assembly. You can try pushing it in till it clicks else you can return it as suggested earlier

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
There is no 'click'. You can kind of hear this sticky glue sound if you tap it gently. If i push it harder it stays in place for a while but then the glue lets go again and the gap is back.

MrPhilicorda

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a doubt that I get a replacement, I mean, it's pretty clear the device is broken. Question is just how long I have to wait to get a new phone. I just read that it might take up to 5 weeks since they might have to send it to an authorized service place to get it checked out or something. Man, already waited for almost 3 weeks, can't wait 5 more!! Hope they can solve it in another way.

vertigo_x

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Disturbing... Is this how many smartphone screens are attached to the bodies? I'm starting to worry about keeping my new 830 in my car on hot-ish days, now... :O

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Disturbing... Is this how many smartphone screens are attached to the bodies? I'm starting to worry about keeping my new 830 in my car on hot-ish days, now... :O

Well i cant see any screws on other screens...! :)

But we are talking about industrial glue. Not that crappy stuff you got at home.

GrandGerminator

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Maybe the store can replace it for you free, because it was already broken when you opened it. Contact your store first, then try to reach Nokia waranty

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The store must replace defected phones in first 14 days. After that period you can use warranty if the device has some bugs.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
This seems to be the first screen detachment issue. Calm down everybody.

I'm enjoying my 830. It's a badass phone.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Ouch, just like the other users said return it as you are well within the return period.

I hope you kept your receipt :winktongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)