03-31-2015 08:12 PM
98 123 ...
tools
    Just got my Lumia 730. The device is pretty cool but I just noticed that its having purple tint and the UI flickers if you drag down the notification centre down and if you drag the apps in the multitasking screen.UI edges goes in purple colour. Help needed.
    10-08-2014 12:23 PM
    Can you upload a video to show the issue? I can't say I've noticed any tinting or flickering on my 735.
    10-08-2014 12:33 PM
    Umm right now I don't have anything to record a video but I will send some pics soon as I get on my pc.
    10-08-2014 12:43 PM
    And one more thing bottom of the screen layout is purple tint instead of black and if I change my start+theme colour the edge also flickers in respective colour in the multitasking menu.
    10-08-2014 12:46 PM
    I've got the exact same problem on my 735, people with 930's have been reporting the same problem as well so it sounds like a software problem, probably to do with the display app calibration. I think Nokia are aware of the issue so an update to fix it will come soon hopefully.
    10-08-2014 01:13 PM
    Some guy at the Lumia 930 forums ( I think ) said to put the year on your phone to something like 2030 and then delete the Display software and it will fix it , Goto the Lumia 930 forums and go see for your self :D
    10-08-2014 01:30 PM
    Hmm tried this also..didn't worked! I have got my phone only 8 hours ago so I'm going to replace it tomorrow! #Nosh*t
    10-08-2014 05:50 PM
    Hmm tried this also..didn't worked! I have got my phone only 8 hours ago so I'm going to replace it tomorrow! #Nosh*t
    Hey, can you check whether 730 has the option to keep the number of columns of Live tiles( 2 or 3 columns) ? just go to settings => start+theme => show more tiles(on/off)
    10-09-2014 09:00 AM
    Hey, can you check whether 730 has the option to keep the number of columns of Live tiles( 2 or 3 columns) ? just go to settings => start+theme => show more tiles(on/off)
    yes 730 do have show more tiles option(on/off) dont worry :)

well, replaced my 730 today. same problem is there with this phone also. purple tint and the edges of tiles goes purple while dragging the screen :| any fix? any 1?
    Etios likes this.
    10-09-2014 09:07 AM
    I wanted to know if it actually makes difference in viewing experince? How bad it is? Is this something that you cannot ignore?
    Can you post some pictures of the screen showing purple tint?
    10-09-2014 09:16 AM
    Oddly the 735 does not have this option. You can only have 3 columns, there is no option in start+theme.
    10-09-2014 09:41 AM

well, replaced my 730 today. same problem is there with this phone also. purple tint and the edges of tiles goes purple while dragging the screen :| any fix? any 1?
    You need to find a way to video it so that we can see what you are on about.

There is some discolouration noticed on the edges of tiles on my 735, but only when moving around the screen as fast as I can. Its due to the screen being pentile, it needs to activate 2 main pixels for the correct colour to show, which it can't do with the UI moving at high speed.

It hasn't been an issue for me, its barely noticeable on my device. Maybe it is worse on others, which is why we need to see it on action on your phone.
    10-09-2014 09:48 AM
    Well I don't have a camera or any other phone to record a video of it. But to be frank the issue is same as 930 had. I tried the trick to solve it as for 930 but didn't worked. And about screenshots I clicked some but when m opening those on computer, cant see purple tint! :/
    Most of times purple comes on grey colour. Hope that Microsoft will roll out a update for this! :(
    10-09-2014 12:26 PM
    Just to update on this. The purple edging to the ui elements when scrolling or panning (I'm assuming this is the issue you are having, and not just a purple tint when not in motion) is only noticeable on my 735 at the lowest possible brightness level. Its barely noticeable at medium brightness, and not visible at all on the highest brightness level.

It doesn't appear at all if the background os white.

Its typical of pentile oled screens. The same happens on the Lumia 925 too.
    Last edited by chancooluk; 10-09-2014 at 12:40 PM.
    jodeltje likes this.
    10-09-2014 12:30 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation about live tiles column options, very much relieved to hear this as i use two columns and was worried due to 735 users reporting no such option.

Regarding the purple tint in all phones issue, just use the phone dude, there will definitely be some sort of software update/patch released for this and apart from that you do have one year warranty. You can also try this 930 purple fix : Nokia Lumia 930 plagued by a display issue, easy to fix - GSMArena.com news

Oddly the 735 does not have this option. You can only have 3 columns, there is no option in start+theme.
    Yup, it seems the 735 does not have 2 columns option in start+theme, confirmed by Daniel Rubino too. 730 and 735 do have some differences though like:

1. No wireless charging circuit and contacts in 730, so you can't use wireless charging shells like 735 which has the contacts near battery at the bottom.
    2. Dual sim in 730 vs single sim in 735
    3. Micro Sim cards in 730 vs nano sim in 735
    4. EDIT: It seems even 730 does not have 2 columns option like 735 as confirmed by many 730 users. So, only 3 columns possible.
    Last edited by Etios; 10-11-2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Edited last point
    10-09-2014 12:32 PM
    Just to update on this. The purple edging to the ui elements when scrolling or panning (I'm assuming this is the issue you are having, and not just a purple tint when not in motion) is only noticeable on my 735 at the lowest possible brightness level. Its barely noticeable at medium brightness, and not visible at all on the highest brightness level.

It doesn't appear at all if the background os white.

Its typical of pentile oled screens. The same happens on the Lumia 925 too.
    Totally agree with you. You just described my exact problem. And yes it doesn't come with light theme and on high brightness mode. May be its a sensor problem. I hope we will get a update for this. Will you please record a video of the problem? Thanks:)
    10-09-2014 01:27 PM
    Totally agree with you. You just described my exact problem. And yes it doesn't come with light theme and on high brightness mode. May be its a sensor problem. I hope we will get a update for this. Will you please record a video of the problem? Thanks:)
    I doubt a fix will come for this as it's just a hardware quirk of pentile amoled/oled displays. My friends Lumia 925 displays the exact same behaviour.

It's one of those things which you either notice or you don't. Personally I don't find it to be a problem whatsoever.

I have tried to video it, but it doesn't show up at all in the video, probably because I can only record at 30fps whereas the screen on the phone is refreshing much faster than that.

Maybe you should send it back and wait for a phone with an IPS LCD, like the Lumia 830?
    10-09-2014 02:49 PM
    Hey can you tell me is Data Cable available in box with 730 DS in india???
    10-10-2014 06:41 AM
    no data cable is provided..only headset, charger, phone and quick guide.
    M7MED ELChamouTi likes this.
    10-10-2014 06:45 AM
    no data cable is provided..only headset, charger, phone and quick guide.
    I have seen images of 730 on MS-India website that hints the back cover is not complete plastic but have matt finish. It would be great if you confirm the same :-)
    10-10-2014 07:47 AM
    Also, how about the battery life and heating issue?
    10-10-2014 07:48 AM
    Hello.
    I am currently on a 625 and considering getting the 730. Almost all the reviews on flipkart and MS-IN are positive. What is your word dedracer? And, the issue you are saying doesn't sound like a deal breaker for me. Is it for you? I am using my 625 for a year now and it shows a black tint now and then on the bottom right corner. No biggie. Kindly tell your opinions on battery performance, display quality and camera, esp the new features like Rich Capture( I don't know if it is available on the 730 :P) brought in by Denim!

Thanks in advance!
    10-10-2014 12:41 PM
    Okay so now its been three days since I'm using Lumia 730. The device is solid. You wont feel like any cheap low end device while using this phone. About the display quality, its just awesome I mean it having Clearblack OLED display and 316 PPI just gives you a premium experience of using Windows Phone. ;) I'm having green colour of this phone which is having a matt finishing instead of a glossy like orange colour is having. the device design is also pretty cool. Easy to hold in your hand. About the battery, I'm a heavy phone user especially for chatting! I do continues chatting on WhatsApp, browse internet for news some videos and i come to know that if you're a heavy user this phone will give you a day battery life like from 7am to 9pm..and with moderate usage you can make it one and a half day. So the heat issue, This phone don't get hot like 925 do. Just normal heat that you wont even feel in fact never get hot if you do normal tasks like browsing, watching videos etc.
    about the purple tint issue, that is not a big deal cuz you will barely notice that. Overall best low budget phone ! :D i recommend you guys to get this phone who all those having low budget. :)
    10-10-2014 01:13 PM
    Yesterday I charged my phone to 100% at 9:30 pm then I did chatting continuously till 12:30 AM while listening to music! Battery was 69% then I went to sleep. connected to Wifi whole night. woke up at 9 am. Battery was 66%. Checked some news in the morning. Used WhatsApp for like 3 hrs. Some phone calls for 10 mins. Internet browsing for 30-40mins. Battery was 13% at 7pm. Overall a good battery life like I needed :)
    10-10-2014 01:22 PM
    Awesome! Thanks dedracer :-)
    BTW, I cancelled my order from Flipkart as the committed delivery date is something not feasible for me and I can't wait that long now :-)
    I am planning to visit Nokia priority stores or any digital store tomorrow and hopeful to grab a one :-)
    10-10-2014 01:26 PM
98 123 ...