How do I get the highest quality photo from my phone to my computer?

dave9851

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
And then upload the highest quality photo to an image hosting site (like imgur)?

I usually just email myself photos, but when I download them on my computer they are like less than 1mb so it looks like I'm getting a low quality image.

Nokia advertises 41mp pictures and I'm still unsure how to get these to my computer. I have the settings to 5mp JPEG + 34mp DNG

dave9851

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I connected my phone to my computer and I get 2 pictures of the same photo. My next question is, if I don't use any post processing software, am I stuck with only seeing a 5mp photo? I remember reading something about the software taking the 5mp photo and making it into a "fake" 41mp photo. Am I even getting those? I'm just confused as to how this works. I want the highest quality photo where I just transfer to my computer and don't use any photo editing software.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
(I'm still learning myself, but) even without "post-processing", you do need some software to just view the large photos on your computer. I've just been connecting my 1020 and copying and pasting selectively to my PC through Windows Explorer: not fancy, but simple and effective. I don't have a need to keep most files on my phone, and, given a 32gb limit, a strong disincentive to keep large files. I usually transfer both the smaller and large files -which are named similarly, but differently- to my Pictures folder, but store them separately to stay organized. Following each transfer, I sort the photos on the 1020 and ensure that I delete at least every large image.

You can only see the small images on Windows Explorer, but even the free Windows Live Photo Gallery will allow you to see both types of files. You can also upload to and view images to through a free OneDrive account. BTW, even the smaller images are of high quality, so don't expect to see major differences, especially on the 1020. Also, note that imgur, for instance, uses lossy compression for any photo over 10mb, and that's for their pro accounts; your high-res images will exceed that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs