What is next for Icon owners?????

josephtd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I am going to wait it out through the end of the month. At that point, I'll probably order an iPhone. The DP has issues that can't be overlooked. This is pretty much the end for me with Windows Phone. I get that Verizon sucks, but they work where I need them to. It's a rough deal.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I am going to wait it out through the end of the month. At that point, I'll probably order an iPhone. The DP has issues that can't be overlooked. This is pretty much the end for me with Windows Phone. I get that Verizon sucks, but they work where I need them to. It's a rough deal.

I'm going to go with the Droid turbo. 21mp camera and 3900 battery. I'll keep it until Verizon gets another major WP

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I am also going to give them to the end of the month, then it's back to an Android phone, I have AT&T for my personal phone I'll just use it for my windows phone and use Android for my work line which has to be Verizon

khador

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Selling mine, it's on eBay right now. To be fair I'm selling all of my Verizon phones (few too many) and I've moved to T-Mobile, picked up a Lumia 635 to use until the Nexus 6 gets announced.

This situation isn't the main reason why I've moved, but it was definitely a catalyst. Add on top: Poor pricing, coverage that isn't all it's cracked up to be, at least in my area and the final kicker being a complete disregard for customers, it just doesn't seem worth being with big V anymore.

I mean who really wants a phone that has you spending most days checking this forum for updates because the manufacturer and carrier can't be bothered to give you even the simplest updates. All in all it's rather sad.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to sell mine as well. Not because I don't like it, I've been back and forth between keeping it or getting an M8, this may be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to sell mine as well. Not because I don't like it, I've been back and forth between keeping it or getting an M8, this may be the straw that broke the camel's back.
I am recommending people get the Samsung se now that icon is gone. I'm hearing positive things from those I recommended it too

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am recommending people get the Samsung se now that icon is gone. I'm hearing positive things from those I recommended it too

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Saw the Galaxy Note 4 in person today- man was that an impressive device. Big update in build quality for Samsung and man was the screen crisp. It is very tempting but I don't knwo if I want something that big. I also got to look at the Samsung Alpha which is also a upgrade for Samsung in build quality, too bad it didn't have a sdcard slot.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Not due for an upgrade on my second line until May so I guess I will see what's available then. If I see a good deal on an Icon before I still may scoop it up.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
None of my friends seem yo have issues with it. I hate Samsung personally but since I don't support the m8 and the icon is gone, I am championing for the se for people to get :)
OK, LOL, you hate Samsung yet recommend it. Just struck me a bit funny. I've just constantly heard repeatedly in various forums that their RF is sub par. Since this is an important item I think alot of people dislike Sam's hung for this reason anyway. The rest is the plasticicity of their build qualitys, but this may just be me. BTW, have you given the M8 a serious look and trial? It is the best WP verizon has that isn't retired.

JjonesWI

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Lame lame lame. Feeling a little ripped off. 8 months. 8 months and the "retire" the phone and they are 3 months late on a major update already. I don't think it's coming. the 930 just hit the shelves with 8.1. the W8 just it the shelves with 8.1. I want the Cortana and the hands free by giving or I'm switching carriers and to a phone that has those features.

dawizel56

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I returned my Icon and Edged up to the HTC One for Windows. Brought the Dot Cover too and let me tell you it's a sweet combo. I wanted a Windows phone with the OFFICIAL 8.1 update, which my Icon NEVER got. The HTC One feels great in the great and it does NOT cut into my fingers like the Icon did. I was told that the Icon would have support for ISIS payment system. Never got it. Didn't have glance or double tap to unlock, hell my 920 had those, but I waited and waited for the official update to 8.1 and Cyan and then to Demin, but after Verizon stopped selling it it was an easy decision. The HTC One does not have wireless charging but it does have support for SD Cards up to 128 GB, It HAS 8.1 update, It HAS double tap to unlock. It does not have 4 mics but it does have BoomSound speakers. I has the Snapdragon 8.01 chip too so for me it was an nice upgrade.

Last edited:

Silamanagic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
After such a total snubbing of the HTC 8x by HTC there's no way I'm going to trust them again. I had a great experience with my HTC Android phone so I thought I would get an equal to or better piece of hardware when I decided to make the jump away from Android. By comparison the camera now sucks, text messages fail constantly, connectivity issues galore etc. Had to return it five times in a year and a half. HTC doesn't give a rats arse about Windows phones or users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers