Making the 1520 easier to use

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
My father got a Amazon Fire Phone and one feature I thought would be useful on a large phone like the 1520 is gestures. Basically you can open menus and other functions just by tilting or twisting the phone in a specific manner. It helps navigate the phone with one hand.

I also think that a good idea from iPhone would be to have an option to pull menus to a more convenient position. IPhone 6 Plus pulls the menus to the bottom but I think an even better design would be to pull them to the left or right based on hand preference.

I also think having voice commands always on, like the Moto X, would be another useful option.

Any other ideas?

EpidemikE1

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My father got a Amazon Fire Phone and one feature I thought would be useful on a large phone like the 1520 is gestures. Basically you can open menus and other functions just by tilting or twisting the phone in a specific manner. It helps navigate the phone with one hand.

I also think that a good idea from iPhone would be to have an option to pull menus to a more convenient position. IPhone 6 Plus pulls the menus to the bottom but I think an even better design would be to pull them to the left or right based on hand preference.

I also think having voice commands always on, like the Moto X, would be another useful option.

Any other ideas?

With the size of the 1520, i would love to have a side swipe for the notification bar. Good idea.

I dont know if im a fan of the always on voice commands.

Not necessarily an easier use but I would love to see some sort of stylus functionality akin to what the surface pro3 has.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, with phones getting larger I'm not sure why they went with a top-swipe. Maybe because it's equally accessible with either hand. Can't imagine they'd make it configurable from both sides. I guess the top swipe also allows for "peeking" at the action center buttons.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, with phones getting larger I'm not sure why they went with a top-swipe. Maybe because it's equally accessible with either hand. Can't imagine they'd make it configurable from both sides. I guess the top swipe also allows for "peeking" at the action center buttons.

Probably because WP 8.1 is not really designed for phablets. An OEM making one is something that MS may or may not have anticipated. I agree that It would be great to have the OS updated to allow for true phablet function (e.g. stylus, bring down menus to the bottom, split screen, etc.). Hopefully in Win10 that will happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss