I have the new Lumia 730! Any questions, just ask!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Do you really have such low standards to accept that a phone battery gets drained in such a short time?

Anything less than a full business day is completely unacceptable!

What do you mean by low standards? Didn't you get what iI said? If you continuously use your phone with hours of game play and multiple activities that require much of battery power, then wont your phone last for 6-7 hours? I referred this timeframe for exceptionally high usage. Hope you get what I meant.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
What do you mean by low standards? Didn't you get what i said? If you continuously use your phone with hours of game play and multiple activities that require much of battery power, then wont your phone last for 6-7 hours? I referred this timeframe for exceptionally high usage. Hope you get what I meant.

champ13

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
its a nice phone to upgrade but if u really want an upgrade then i will suggest u to go for l830 as it is available around 22800 on e-bay if u are able to find some discount codes.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
can anyone tell me, is there any benefit of installing Preview for developers on 730?
i mean, it already contains Lumia Denim, is it anything beyond that to update as of now?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
can anyone tell me, is there any benefit of installing Preview for developers on 730?
i mean, it already contains Lumia Denim, is it anything beyond that to update as of now?

It will let you use new OS builds before public release. That's the benefit of DP. Denim is just firmware update and does not come up with the latest OS version. GDR 2 is looming and to enjoy new features before public release you need developers preview. I am running my 730 on DP and have not seen any instability at all. Its completely glitch free. Hope that helps!

Calebe Zacai

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,

Sunday 11/09/2014 will complete two weeks with my Lumia 730 and would like to make some notes about my experience with the device

- The Application HERE Drive makes the devices absurdly warm. I even thought that it would burn or something.

- If the device is a Snap 400 Quad-Core 1GB Ram thought that games would run smoothly. Where's my water? I bought the game yesterday with framerate is noticeably lower than 30fps (should be 60) closes sometimes alone. Hungry Shark Evolution game also varies <30fps and closes alone sometimes. My wife has an iPhone 3GS and Where's my water runs at 60fps. Why? because 600MHz processor and 256MB of RAM is superior? No! Because the game was optimized for the video card in it. Why Disney did not optimized their games to rotate the Adreno 305 boards? Subway surfers is at> 30fps. Rival Knights (Gameloft) was so slow that I think it was at around 12-15fps and then uninstalled it. Epic Angry Birds (Rovio) (turn-based game) was about <30fps slow showing at various times. This also uninstalled then. Those who ran at 60fps yet were only Angry Birds Rio and Zombie Tsunami. Here record my dissatisfaction with Disney and Gameloft with their games that are not optimized for WP. When I tried to do the classification could not give 1 star. Simply does not approve the sending of qualification. I do not know why. I've had experience with Android and iOS, and in this case I have to commend the iOS because they have really great integration between Software and Hardware. Funny, Maleficent Free Fall has a very heavy 3D graphics, but it was not as slow as Hungry Shark That Is only cartoon and Where's my water That Also only cartoon.

- As I am more pleased with it, it's the first time I have a WP. Have not tested the full power of the camera and its applications, but first impressions were very good.

How is my first maybe I'm doing something wrong or overestimated the specs of the device. I appreciate the feedback.

If the problem is really bad integration between software and hardware, to whom can I complain?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Oh then you are better of with iPhones because they are the only device that satisfy you as games or apps are made for ios then only ported to other os.wp can be enjoyed only when you are very little app user game user nd coming from low end android running jelly bean .It is because after coming from such device you will feel what it means smooth os lagless experience is.Disclaimer I have not tried android kk or L I don't know .whatever hd games I played I played on lumia 820 which will heat when you stress a lot.
From Windows phone

Neelim Shyam

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Greetings,

Sunday 11/09/2014 will complete two weeks with my Lumia 730 and would like to make some notes about my experience with the device

- The Application HERE Drive makes the devices absurdly warm. I even thought that it would burn or something.....

I am running these games with no issue. Get a hard reset. It may solve ur problem!!

Rakesh Khutia

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have the new Lumia 730 3 days ago

Bought Lumia 730 3 days ago. All r excellent. But at the time of charging the charger is hitting. Can't understanding is it Natural or something wrong?

manu3787

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
The 730 does not come with wireless charging facility , it does not work even if you buy the optional back shell.
If by "Hitting" you meant surface current then its not the problem with the phone , use a different charger and check it out.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
The 730 does not come with wireless charging facility , it does not work even if you buy the optional back shell.
If by "Hitting" you meant surface current then its not the problem with the phone , use a different charger and check it out.

i thought hitting was a spell mistake for heating. i am not aware of a situation like surface current. i never imagined that with a cellphone. cellphone do survive with surface current?

Rakesh Khutia

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I am really sorry for my spelling mistake. My charger is heating. One more thing, today I open my camera, took 3 still photos and then I switched to video mode, but screen was blank and phone started to nonstop vibrating. I had to restart my phone, then it was ok, now all right. Have you faced some issue like this? Thanks to all of you guys.........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos