I have the new Lumia 730! Any questions, just ask!

KrisKenesei

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Is any one of you facing the issue, that the camera won't work at all?
I think it might be a hardware-related problem. It is a 735 and not 730 though.

KrisKenesei

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Can you elaborate this issue?

Yes, certainly.
When I bought it it worked well for a few hours and then the issue (which I have experienced on a L920 and L925 beforehand) came to a head again. No application works that utilize the camera. Sometimes they crash, sometimes they launch and display a black screen. But soft resets/restarts used to fix the problem. Unfortunately, they don't seem to do the trick now, as no matter how many times I restart, the camera is still irresponsive. I'm fairly disappointed.

Thank you for your reply btw.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, certainly.
When I bought it it worked well for a few hours and then the issue (which I have experienced on a L920 and L925 beforehand) came to a head again. No application works that utilize the camera. Sometimes they crash, sometimes they launch and display a black screen. But soft resets/restarts used to fix the problem. Unfortunately, they don't seem to do the trick now, as no matter how many times I restart, the camera is still irresponsive. I'm fairly disappointed.

Thank you for your reply btw.

Did you try to change the default camera app to Nokia Camera and if already set then change it to Microsoft Camera and then give it a try?

KrisKenesei

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't see how that could help. But I tried it anyway and it didn't.
I even uninstalled Nokia Camera and installed it again and played around with resetting the Camera and changing the default Camera app but it did not seem to help much.

nehvada

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hai friends... For the first time, i am using windows phone(Lumia 730).now I am using single sim & the second sim always shows NO sim notification.how to remove that notification? Please help

go to settings -> mobile data + sim -> sim2 settings -> disable sim satus here, aka switch off

Nikhil Bhargav

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
im from karnataka! i use vodafone 3g as my primary sim and tata docomo as secondary! so here is the problem, i keep data connection always on with 3g enabled so it does keep switching. but i realized there were times when the network was showing H and i still wasnt connected to internet..happens for a while and then restores. does not happen with my friends 1320 and it has seamless connectivity! any ideas? also this does not happen in only 2G mode! bummer!
thank you..

P.S: about to give a trial for a day with my other sim!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I too have the same issue, only difference is I have kept docomo(2G) in SIM1 and Vodafone(3G) in SIM2.
Its working fine if I remove Vodafone from SIM2. So, some kind of switching over is happening. Not sure, how to resolve this issue. Any suggestions, guys?

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
i got a lumia 730 ds 5 days before and as promised by microsoft i should get an addition of 15gb to my onedrive which i dint get. and when i contacted my nokia priority retailer regarding the problem he says you would have got it if u purchased it in september. i thought to ask him where the **** he was getting the phone in the month of septeber(bloody moron)

message microsoft support, they will award you.

Palimatix

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
All my apps that need to connect to Facebook are failing. Just a blank page opens with blue Facebook header.. But no option to sign in or authorize the app. Just a blank page. Are all of you able to sign in to app using Facebook like subway surfer or something. Guys please confirm. :(

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
All my apps that need to connect to Facebook are failing. Just a blank page opens with blue Facebook header.. But no option to sign in or authorize the app. Just a blank page. Are all of you able to sign in to app using Facebook like subway surfer or something. Guys please confirm. :(

Yes, it's working for me. You may try clearing IE history and then check.

Palimatix

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it's working for me. You may try clearing IE history and then check.

Apps that require ie Facebook login like flip board is working fine. But apps that use Facebook app to sign in is causing issues .. Like subway surfer. I tried uninstall and reinstall Facebook app but no luck.. Working for you?..

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Apps that require ie Facebook login like flip board is working fine. But apps that use Facebook app to sign in is causing issues .. Like subway surfer. I tried uninstall and reinstall Facebook app but no luck.. Working for you?..

Yes, I tried Subway Surfer to stay precise and it worked :)

Palimatix

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I tried Subway Surfer to stay precise and it worked :)

Oh.. Then what's the difference between your Lumia 730 setting and mine I wonder?.. Also my Facebook app not showing any photos of profile pic or photos shared by friends.. Only text.. Maybe both issues are related.
Any suggestion??

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Oh.. Then what's the difference between your Lumia 730 setting and mine I wonder?.. Also my Facebook app not showing any photos of profile pic or photos shared by friends.. Only text.. Maybe both issues are related.
Any suggestion??

How about strength of the network connection? Are you sure if cellular network/ wifi network is full and able to render images? You may try simple google/bing search and see if images are loaded. It could be weak internet connection too.

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
The proximity sensor has stopped working on my Lumia 730 :-\ !!!!!!

Edit: Seems a smart option. Proximity sensor won't work once u r plugged in with headphones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786