I have the new Lumia 730! Any questions, just ask!

Jaydeep Limaye

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I had made a fb post in Nokia India page asking abt the availability of Lumia 730 cases. They posted me back asking me to enquire in Nokia stores. I went to Nokia priority store and they told me it would take another one month to reach.
Even third party cases or at least a decent back cover ain't available. . But I can see cases for all other newly released other platforms phone. Especially Moto g (2nd generation) and so on.

Why is it like this? Why can't Microsoft make things easy ?

PS: I am using a white 730 and i am worried about it getting dirty. One green panel would rectify my concern

See these listings
Nillkin Super Frosted Hard Back Cover Case FOR Nokia Lumia 730 Dual SIM Black | eBay

Back Cover FOR Nokia Lumia 730 Premium Hard Back Cover Rubberized Imported Case | eBay

I am awaiting Nillkin Case.

Rowan2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey, very close to biting the bullet on the Lumia 735. As it's basically the same as the 730 I hope you do not mind me posting here.

How is the camera quality on a day to day basis - is it difficult without a dedicated camera button?

Is a screen protector and/or case recommended? Thanks!

I would be upgrading from a 520 so what should I expect really in terms of performance? 520 still kinda runs one app at a time well but there are definitely occasions where it close apps by itself.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey, very close to biting the bullet on the Lumia 735. As it's basically the same as the 730 I hope you do not mind me posting here.

How is the camera quality on a day to day basis - is it difficult without a dedicated camera button?

Is a screen protector and/or case recommended? Thanks!

I would be upgrading from a 520 so what should I expect really in terms of performance? 520 still kinda runs one app at a time well but there are definitely occasions where it close apps by itself.

1. Cam quality is superb. You would love it be it the front or rear one. You wont miss the hard key.
Tip: Just add Camera as Quick Status icon in notification + action center. So, it will be just swipe down and launch cam. Its upto the user as its subjective:)

2. I don't find a need for screen protector as it has gorilla glass which is scratch resistant. Also, I am not sure if there is a dedicated screen guard available yet. So folks can suggest if they got one.

3. 730/735 is equipped with quad core processor plus 1 gigs of RAM which is practically double than what 520 has got. Along with those, 730/735 are preloaded with Denim firmware. Therefore, app performance will be smooth and I guarantee that:)

I would highly recommend this device😊

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
My battery is draining quickly
What should I do? I switched off NFC and other such things and don't use anything other than Wi-Fi. But still, my battery is draining at a rate of 1% per 2-3 minutes. Damn.

shruthi383

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

How is vibration effect during phone ring, as it is very low in Lumia 720. I want to upgrade to Lumia 730. Please reply.

Regards,
Shruthi

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
My battery is draining quickly
What should I do? I switched off NFC and other such things and don't use anything other than Wi-Fi. But still, my battery is draining at a rate of 1% per 2-3 minutes. Damn.

2 days of usage means not much of networking and limits to normal use such using apps that don't require internet and no gaming. It has to be minimal usage. If you moderately use your phone keeping internet connection on for almost everytime, it will averagely last for 12-14 hours. It quickly gets drained upon power usage i.e doing everything like playing games for hours or downloading large data and background apps that perpetually use your phone's battery. In my case, battery gets drained in 6-7 hours which is reasonable.

You can limit apps that don't need to run in background using battery app.

manu3787

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys how is it in battery life compared to Lumia 720.
From Windows phone
I dont have a 720 but in general i would say battery is better than average. lasts minimum of 1.5 days for me with 3g turned on and using whatsapp and 3 email accounts the whole time, occasional photos and music . to get the maximum out of my battery i use dark color themes .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro