I have the new Lumia 730! Any questions, just ask!

Puspendu Roy

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm from the UK and have a Lumia 735. It's a fantastic phone and really enjoy the WP 8.1 OS.

However, after dropping my phone in the cinema from a sitting height I noticed several scratches on the screen. I didn't bother with screen protectors or a case as the phone has Gorilla Glass 3 and there are numerous videos showing the glass can cope with knifes, keys etc.

I carry my phone in my pocket with nothing else in it - just the phone alone.

I was wondering if anyone else had found scratches on their 730/735? Furthermore, does putting a screen protector affect touch sensitivity or the feel of the phone? If so, by how much?

Btw - it is definitely a scratch as you can feel a slight indent on the screen when you run your finger nail on the affected area. Furthermore, there is a very slight, barely noticeable colour disfiguration on the screen display when on. Like I said, very small but I notice it!

Thanks for your advice in advance!

Parker

Numerous videos showing that the glass can cope with knives or keys is a complete waste..None of them will affect your Gorilla glass 3 screen as they are very soft compared to the material of the screen. What they don't examine is with sandpapers..Sand particles, dust are very minute and hard particles (very much harder than imbecile knife/key), and they can put hairline scratch marks on the phone screen..Putting a screen protector doesn't bother with the sensitivity, it is just you won't feel the smooth surface of the gorilla glass 3 (in case of matte finish scratch guards). My 730 fell on the WH-108 headset's divider and got a hairline scratch (the scratch was visible from only a certain angle). I got a scratchguard few days later, and the touch feels same as before, no issue with that..Never hesitate using a scratchguard no matter how advance the screen is.. :)

Albany Park

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for that advice Mr Roy.!

I certainly buy a screen guard quickly.

It's annoying as I had a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 for two years and didn't use a cover/screen guard and it never got a scratch. Although that's because I never dropped it on a hard surface. The only issue I have with my L735 is that is too big for my liking. I much preferred the size of the Ace 2 - could hold, type and touch all areas of screen with one hand. Harder to do with the L735. I don't find the extra screen benefits my phone experience much to be honest.

Shame Microsoft don't make a smaller sized phone with similar spec. (Lumia 600/635 is a bit underpowered for my liking).

Thanks again!

Puspendu Roy

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for that advice Mr Roy.!

I certainly buy a screen guard quickly.

It's annoying as I had a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 for two years and didn't use a cover/screen guard and it never got a scratch. Although that's because I never dropped it on a hard surface. The only issue I have with my L735 is that is too big for my liking. I much preferred the size of the Ace 2 - could hold, type and touch all areas of screen with one hand. Harder to do with the L735. I don't find the extra screen benefits my phone experience much to be honest.

Shame Microsoft don't make a smaller sized phone with similar spec. (Lumia 600/635 is a bit underpowered for my liking).

Thanks again!

Screen size measuring 5<x<7 inch are phablets, and the whole market is tilting towards it from 2013..Even cheaper phones than 730/735 are providing larger screens. Personally I prefer smaller phones that go into pocket more easily, and looks more subtle than the larger magazine sized ones. It takes a bit time to get used to, but after that the smaller ones seem slipping away out of hand. I also faced it first, but now I'm quite comfortable with 730, I can touch all the four corners of the screen with thumb without changing the other four's position.. ;) and point to be noted, the costlier the phone, the lesser the extra non-screen area.

Rowan2013

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I have ordered a lumia 735 today :) Along with a nano SIM cutter I am thinking whether or not I need a tempered glass screen protector? I guess there shouldn't be any concerns in doing so? Roy may be able to answer or others :)

Do I need a case too? Does the back cover get dirty easily? I use the London Underground every day so that would be my main concern..

Last edited:

Puspendu Roy

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I have ordered a lumia 735 today :) Along with a nano SIM cutter I am thinking whether or not I need a tempered glass screen protector? I guess there shouldn't be any concerns in doing so? Roy may be able to answer or others :)

Do I need a case too? Does the back cover get dirty easily? I use the London Underground every day so that would be my main concern..

Yeah, a tempered glass protector is the best protection you can get after scratchguards, but due to 735's curved screen, the scratchguards and tempered glass screen protectors are significantly smaller from the left and right sides, so it alwyas looks a bit weird if you take a close look, otherwise it's fine..

About the case, what colour are you getting? Glossy finished orange or matte finished white (why they made white in matte is evil's choice for sure)/ dark grey/ bright green ? People always complain that glossy ones are fingerprint magnets, but so is the screen! The only con of glossy ones are that they get scratches very easily (of course it will) but it's not that noticeable because of bright colours. But the matte ones are extremely prone to dirt, and it's way harder to clean. Also glossy ones do not feel slippery if your hands are a bit wet (common in tropics). So a matte finished one will be better for you as you live in temperate region (dry hands + matte cover = better grip). And you can always have a case for protection.. :)

Krina Merchant

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I just bought lumia 730 its an awesome cell i just have one problem my whatsapp images aren't visible in photos initially they were after i formated my sd card it doesn't show me could you plz hlp me out...

Vishalrp

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Can you find cellular data option in Lumia denim to turn on mobile data from action center ?

And when you do charging then the battery symbol is blinking or not ?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
That update is coming only in the next release. Gd2 I guess.
Yes battery symbol blinks fine currently. Its more of lightning icon and battery icon refreshing frequently..

Abhaya2

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
few Lumia mobile users when post something in facebook, we will see something like "Windows Phone" besides the time stamp of the post. I bought Lumia 730 yesterday, when I post in FB I couldn't see "windows Phone" notification.. :( How to get that option in Lumia 730..

In the below pic, my friend has updated a status in his FB timeline on Dec 31st,2014 at 8.15AM. Besides this time stamp we could see that the post has been done from "Windows Phone". how to get like this in Lumia 730

please advice

Untitled.png

matt john2

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
which headset is best for lumia 730..?

Well that really depend on your budget your needs and what's available in your area. If you'll only gonna use it for phone calls and music then the one that normally comes with the packaging will work just fine. If you're into more serious level of audio gear then an entry level headphones is for you from brands like Sennheiser, audio technica, Beyerdynamic etc. I suggest not going with Monster, Beats, Scullcandy, Sol , Bose and other brands that has wacky advertisings, they dont sound that great and expensive too(most of them). But in the end it is still depends on you-needs,budget, available product

gksnarayanan

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am using Lumia 730 from December. The only problem I am facing is it frequently disconnects from WiFi and showing NO INTERNET though internet is working fine. In the same WiFi network, I am using my old Lumia 620 and never faced this problem. Tried soft reset, hard reset and no luck.

Please let me know if you are also facing the same issue or if you have any solution for this. I even reset my WiFi router but the problem still exists.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte