I have the new Lumia 730! Any questions, just ask!

AkkiSwifter

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I have bought a new nokia lumia 730 yesterday and now i am having problems with it.

1. Network Problem - It forces the network from 3G to 2G automatically.There is no only 3G mode.I am unable to use internet on 3G on this phone by my sim, while on the other device in the same time i can use 3G internet by the same sim.Even a webpage cannot open from 2G.What's a profit in forcing customer to use only 2G internet.

2. There is you can not download a app of size more than 100 mb on appstore.You will need the wifi to download the apps from appstore.Even android allows downloading files over 100 mb with mobile data without any limit.I don't have wifi.

3. I have sent few files from the bluetooth from my computer, and i am not able to find those files.

4. I am trying to connect the phone with inbuilt soft wifi hotspot in my data card.But it is not connecting.

5. I cannot download a file in background.If i try to download a file in background in UC browser the speed drops tremendously.

I am hoping for help on any of these issue.
How can i get sorted-out these issues?
After getting these much of issues i'm hoping that i will get the some issues sorted out in windows 10.

albert730

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I have bought a new nokia lumia 730 yesterday and now i am having problems with it.

1. Network Problem - It forces the network from 3G to 2G automatically.There is no only 3G mode.I am unable to use internet on 3G on this phone by my sim, while on the other device in the same time i can use 3G internet by the same sim.Even a webpage cannot open from 2G.What's a profit in forcing customer to use only 2G internet.

2. There is you can not download a app of size more than 100 mb on appstore.You will need the wifi to download the apps from appstore.Even android allows downloading files over 100 mb with mobile data without any limit.I don't have wifi.

3. I have sent few files from the bluetooth from my computer, and i am not able to find those files.

4. I am trying to connect the phone with inbuilt soft wifi hotspot in my data card.But it is not connecting.

5. I cannot download a file in background.If i try to download a file in background in UC browser the speed drops tremendously.

I am hoping for help on any of these issue.
How can i get sorted-out these issues?
After getting these much of issues i'm hoping that i will get the some issues sorted out in windows 10.
Background download works best in wifi or 3gI
I agree with problem with windows store that it need wifi for download but it has been solved in windows 10 already.
Always try to use data cable when with PC as Bluetooth is slow and cumbersome
Network problem I can't help. It depend on the signal strength in your region

AkkiSwifter

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Background download works best in wifi or 3gI
I agree with problem with windows store that it need wifi for download but it has been solved in windows 10 already.
Always try to use data cable when with PC as Bluetooth is slow and cumbersome
Network problem I can't help. It depend on the signal strength in your region
Is it true that 3G only/Wcdma only mode is coming in W10M?

albert730

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Now I'm confused. Does it use SD 8926 CPU (4G disabled) or SD 8226?

4g is not at all available for Lumia 730 because that is why the Lumia 735 was released along with it. Only 735 has the processor capable of 4g. And Lumia 730 is strictly restricted to 3g.

albert730

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
When will this phone get W10 update?Any speculations on which month it will get.
As first batch of Lumias are getting W 10 in december.

As Lumia 735 is in the first batch so we can hope that 730 also gets the update on same date because both are brother phones with only some hardware variations. Lets hope for the best.

albert730

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Can you please suggest me a best screen guard for 730 which get perfect in curve edges and fit in our phone without bubbles

Actually there is no need of it becuz I've been using the phone without any guard for about 1yr. But just for formality you can put any one. But if you really wanna put a guard please don't do it yourself. Go to some shop. Otherwise just leave these worries to gorillas.

rahul1

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I bought a LUMIA 730. Now the problem is even when my data is off DATA keeps getting used in very low quantities like 0.04, 0.09 MB, even data gets used from the sim which I have not set to use data plan from.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought a LUMIA 730. Now the problem is even when my data is off DATA keeps getting used in very low quantities like 0.04, 0.09 MB, even data gets used from the sim which I have not set to use data plan from.

checked settings right? ensure it's not using up data from that sim, then it shouldnt period.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte