Why am I getting the error message Internet sharing isn't currently allowed for M8 windows?

frank zhao

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
"Internet sharing isn't currently allowed" for M8 windows

After turn on for "internet sharing", report follow:
"Internet sharing isn't currently allowed"

I am in China now, and use android phone can work normal by same SIM, so that issue not relation with carrier data plan.
I searched the questions and tried to find solution, but failed, couldn't resolve that.

Do you have same issue for HTC M8?
And how to resolved?

frank zhao

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: "Internet sharing isn't currently allowed" for M8 windows

Hi, Adrynalyne

Your mean the issue relation with carriers?

How different for internet sharing between android and wp8.1?

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I believe Verizon has to enable it on your account for it to work. From what I recall it is included on most if not all of the metered (non-unlimited) plans. If you are not on unlimited, you should be able to either enable it through verizonwireless.com or by calling customer service.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site

I believe Verizon has to enable it on your account for it to work. From what I recall it is included on most if not all of the metered (non-unlimited) plans. If you are not on unlimited, you should be able to either enable it through verizonwireless.com or by calling customer service.

He is in China.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site

Hi, Adrynalyne

Your mean the issue relation with carriers?

How different for internet sharing between android and wp8.1?

Verizon still has control over internet sharing on the device, because the software is provisioned that way. No way around it I don't think other than the ways I mentioned.

frank zhao

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site

Verizon control over internet sharing?! So if I change carriers, will not use the feature?!

How many feature were controlled by Verizon!?

That control had limited my use, so M8 not complete unlocked devices......

Btw, no any wp8/8.1 devices was published by China Telecom, if the feature not same as android and apple, maybe Micrososoft need interactive with china telecom to publish the feature. Certainly precondition is Version not controls the feature!

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site

Verizon control over internet sharing?! So if I change carriers, will not use the feature?!

How many feature were controlled by Verizon!?

That control had limited my use, so M8 not complete unlocked devices......

Btw, no any wp8/8.1 devices was published by China Telecom, if the feature not same as android and apple, maybe Micrososoft need interactive with china telecom to publish the feature. Certainly precondition is Version not controls the feature!

I think you misunderstand what unlocked means. An unlocked carrier device means you can use it on different carriers for voice and data if the frequencies are supported. It does not mean that software provisioned for a certain carrier suddenly will work anywhere else. Internet sharing will always be provisioned for the carrier on which the device was released unless you buy a carrier free device.

frank zhao

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
The issue was resolved, Verizon not limited internet sharing feature. RC should PST configuration incorrect. After factory reset my M8, and config correct APN, internet sharing normal work, ISP is China Telecom.

Bill Berry

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
You're right! Verizon Wireless branded SIM cards Pre-Paid and Post-Paid are the only way which "Internet Sharing" will work with the Verizon Wireless banded Windows HTC One M8. If you're using the android variant of the HTC One M8, your device must be rooted and custom flashed to enable the feature regardless of carrier and their respective MVNOs. Another aggravation; you don't get MMS either unless you use their branded SIM. It may be GSM unlocked, but they don't have to play nice with anything else, and they do not. I don't particularly like their so called smart phone access which happens to be the most expensive option at $20 per device. Please note tablets are $10 and other devices whatever the heck those are, are $5. There service is excellent; their prices are simply too high for other comparable service. It's my number one beef with Windows Phones; the lack of customization. Yes, I know Windows Phone 7.x is flawed but interop-developer unlocked made it tolerable. Why Microsoft won't allow this, I do not know.

Last edited:

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

After turn on for "internet sharing", report follow:
"Internet sharing isn't currently allowed"

I am in China now, and use android phone can work normal by same SIM, so that issue not relation with carrier data plan.
I searched the questions and tried to find solution, but failed, couldn't resolve that.

Do you have same issue for HTC M8?
And how to resolved?

I'm having the same problem but I live in Switzerland. Mine use to work flawlessly yesterday but today... This sucks because I don't have any Wi-Fi at home

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12