Lumia 1520 successor

lkbig

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I am an android user that has been contemplating switching to Windows Phone for 3 years now. I think I might be getting ready to make the jump. However, if I do switch, it will be to the successor to the 1520. What do you think the likelihood is that Microsoft will announce a successor this year? And if so, when do you think I would be able to buy an unlocked version? I realize the best we can do at this point is speculate. I just figure your speculation would be more accurate than mine.

Just as an FYI: I am on a Nexus 4 and really like the phone except for the camera. I have no qualms with android but am just getting a little bored and want to use something new. I was disappointed when Sony didn't announce a new version of the Z ultra. I'm really itching for a good 6-inch phone and I don't expect the upcoming Nexus 6 to have a good camera.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Your best bet is the next mobile world Congress. As for release, it's usually one month after announcement (I'm also waiting for a successor.)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope not this year. The 1520 is the top dog this generation, and I don't expect an upgrade until later next year.
Now as for a refresh a la the wished for "1525," its possible.

If you were in the market now, get the 1520, its still top of the line.
If you could easily wait another year, why not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos