OS Version, updates...

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi

In the 830?s quick review, they say the OS version of the 830 is behind the preview.
Thats what i dont understand with windows phone.
Is the 830 getting a newer version with the next GDR (in this case GDR 2) ?
Or is there maybe a minor update coming soon?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the confusion is with the firmware. It has the latest firmware Denim but the OS will appears to be Update 1.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Thats not what i mean. It has Denim (firmware) and WP 8.1 Update 1.
But the Version number is slightly lower than the newest Preview number. I just wonder, when do 830 (or all the other Lumias/WPs) get the newest OS Version ?? Just with GDR updates, or maybe in between sometimes?

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Thats not what i mean. It has Denim (firmware) and WP 8.1 Update 1.
But the Version number is slightly lower than the newest Preview number. I just wonder, when do 830 (or all the other Lumias/WPs) get the newest OS Version ?? Just with GDR updates, or maybe in between sometimes?

Preview for developers will have more frequent updates than the official channel, as this is the way the program is designed. With each new GDR, Nokia/Microsoft release a firmware update that goes with it. When a new GDR update is pushed to the preview, that same update is given to manufacturers, so it makes sense that as Microsoft updates the preview its version will surpass the version number of the official update. The minor updates to each GDR version are not pushed out by manufacturers, and are only available to the preview channel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte