Surface Pro 7 deal! Save big at Amazon right now

02-18-2016 11:33 AM
71 123
tools
    Lumia 730 problems (Denim GDR 1)

Bluetooth Bulk receive not yet corrected

There is no option to revert 3 column titles to native 2 column this 3 column tiles are so tiny its just killing my device look

Inbuilt home , back and search buttons are not minimizing properly...... :( especially while using application or playing games
    Rupasree and Wp8 lvr like this.
    10-15-2014 06:11 PM
    Is this a question, or are you just having a moan?

My advice - Sell the 730 if you find these small (and personal) issues difficult to live with. Then buy a 630 or 530, which does have the option for 2 columns, and has buttons that can't be hidden at any time.

I personally prefer the 3 column look on a phone which is bigger than 4".
    Nirwiz likes this.
    10-16-2014 02:43 AM
    I bought it on 9th of this month and had problem with double tap to wakeup. So i went back and asked them to give me a new replacement, though they agreed after few long calls and visits to the store. But now it's out of stock so it's been 3 days i didn't got the phone yet.
    10-16-2014 06:08 AM
    I bought it on 9th of this month and had problem with double tap to wakeup. So i went back and asked them to give me a new replacement, though they agreed after few long calls and visits to the store. But now it's out of stock so it's been 3 days i didn't got the phone yet.
    Did you try a hard reset + forced update of the touch settings app? I would assume any issues with tap to wake would be due to a software bug.

Is double tap to wake really such a big deal for people? I always forget about it and use the power key.
    10-16-2014 08:12 AM
    Its os/sw related w8 4 fix update u'll b all set to go no prob at all then

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android
    10-16-2014 08:56 AM
    double tap to wake is buggy, you shouldn't have replaced the device. Just wait for software update and it should work well then :-)
    Last edited by Ashish Gupta888; 10-16-2014 at 09:14 AM.
    Sonu K likes this.
    10-16-2014 09:01 AM
    Double tap to wake is a problem to 820 and 830 as well. I think it is a software problem. Usually what I do is that to wait for the clock to show up and the double tap.
    10-16-2014 09:05 AM
    dude all knows lumia 730 n 830 got very initial build of Lumia Denim update..so we will definitely get another Denim update anytime soon when ms launch Denim for other phones... which ll definitely fix all these flaws...all these flickering, double tap to wake problems are OS/Firmware related.. so wait for fix update which comes very soon..same happens with previous lumia devices..1320 was a first device who got lumia black out of box n nokia release another fix update rolled out after some time,same for 630/35, it comes with lumia cyanout box with early build.. n after some time ms rolled another fixing update to 630/35 as well...so its common n MS very soon resolve it with another small firmware update for 730 n 830.. don't upset n confuse..if you like it then buy it..
    anand317 likes this.
    10-16-2014 09:11 AM
    I dislike the three columns as well. And I don't understand at all why Microsoft removed the option! Pay your attention: no one popular smartphone has three columns of icons on its home screen! I suppose most people prefer seeing an even amount of columns.

10-17-2014 10:26 AM
    I dislike the three columns as well. And I don't understand at all why Microsoft removed the option! Pay your attention: no one popular smartphone has three columns of icons on its home screen! I suppose most people prefer seeing an even amount of columns.

I would say preference of columns is subjective and I am fine with this. I also agree that MS shouldn't have removed the option to keep it as 2 columns. May be.. they bring it back with GDR2!
    10-17-2014 10:36 AM
    Irony of my story is that my replacement handset is white coz black was out of stock and it has more problems than the previous one. Double tap, purple tint and major issue screen flickering.
    I dont know which problem is software based or hardware based.

And yes double tap means alot to me as this phone is my secondary and I am habitual of double tapping as I am using LG 2.
    10-19-2014 03:06 AM
    Irony of my story is that my replacement handset is white coz black was out of stock and it has more problems than the previous one. Double tap, purple tint and major issue screen flickering.
    I dont know which problem is software based or hardware based.

And yes double tap means alot to me as this phone is my secondary and I am habitual of double tapping as I am using LG 2.
    :( I'm also having similar problems in my old and replacement device also :(

can you please check this thread and answer ...
    Lumia Selfie Issue and also about battery problem in my replaced device .. :(
    battery.png
    10-19-2014 03:37 AM
    I am facing an issue related to cellular data connectivity. I am now using Docomo as secondary SIM(inserted on SIM2) and Vodafone in SIM1slot. When I turn on data connection for SIM2 i.e. Docomo, I see an 'E' symbol aginst its network and that's absolutely correct. However, I am not able to surf anything as all apps or a simple web search is now returning No connection message.
    Another thing to note here is that the data package is being utilised as I see small arrow appearing now and then. I have enough data balance so there is nothing like I am running out of the data. With that being said, I am not able to surf the internet related things even if Data Connection is On and appears to be connected! Any ideas/suggestions??

Update 1: I am occasionally getting some notifications but it goes into No Connection state then i.e I get instant account balance notification with data usage from Docomo like it does when data connection is turned off.

Not sure, what's happening!!
    Last edited by Ashish Gupta888; 10-20-2014 at 09:29 AM.
    Rupasree likes this.
    10-20-2014 09:08 AM
    No double tap to wake up is not a issue on my lumia 820.

Sent from my HM 1SW using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    10-20-2014 09:18 AM
    I would like to address an issue..... When ever I unlock my phone I get a resuming screen for few seconds and then the lock screen appears .... This started out of no where ... Is anyone else facing this issue??
    Last edited by Pavan_95; 10-21-2014 at 12:54 AM.
    10-21-2014 12:35 AM
    I would like to address an issue..... When ever I unlock my phone I get a resuming screen for few seconds and then the lock screen appears .... This started out of no where ... Is anyone else facing this issue??
    Have you installed live lockscreen beta app?
    10-21-2014 03:27 AM
    Have you installed live lockscreen beta app?

No I haven't.... But I had installed it yesterday and as it was buggy I uninstalled it .... Not using it currently ....
    10-21-2014 04:52 AM
    No I haven't.... But I had installed it yesterday and as it was buggy I uninstalled it .... Not using it currently ....
    That's the reason for this resuming issue. Its not completely vanished from your phone. Just go to settings and then kid corner. Set it up by adding any app and then Turn it on and it will then pop up a message to remove live lockscreen beta app. Press ok to remove it. Once removed, you can turn kids corner off. You should be all set then. Let me know how it goes...
    Pavan_95 and nordmariner like this.
    10-21-2014 05:18 AM
    That's the reason for this resuming issue. Its not completely vanished from your phone. Just go to settings and then kid corner. Set it up by adding any app and then Turn it on and it will then pop up a message to remove live lockscreen beta app. Press ok to remove it. Once removed, you can turn kids corner off. You should be all set then. Let me know how it goes...
    Thanks a lot.... It worked .... 😊👍
    10-21-2014 05:29 AM
    Thanks a lot.... It worked .... 😊👍

You're welcome😊
    Pavan_95 likes this.
    10-21-2014 07:05 AM
    Hi I have purchased Lumia 730 two days back ,I don't know how to get back to main screen when u r watching a pictures stored in gallery it does not show back sign to get back to main screen Pl help how to get back from there

Tushar
    10-21-2014 07:13 AM
    Hi I have purchased Lumia 730 two days back ,I don't know how to get back to main screen when u r watching a pictures stored in gallery it does not show back sign to get back to main screen Pl help how to get back from there

Tushar
    Just swipe up from the bottom of the screen, it will pop up the navigation bar (i.e. Back, Home and Search button). In 730, the navigation bar is retractable which means, swiping up from the bottom of the screen will pop up/hide navigation bar. Hope that helps :-)
    10-21-2014 08:26 AM
    Just swipe up from the bottom of the screen, it will pop up the navigation bar (i.e. Back, Home and Search button). In 730, the navigation bar is retractable which means, swiping up from the bottom of the screen will pop up/hide navigation bar. Hope that helps :-)
    this can also be disabled in the settings
    10-21-2014 11:59 AM
    this can also be disabled in the settings
    I know, but its not disabled by default.
    Wp8 lvr likes this.
    10-21-2014 12:10 PM
    I agree. MS should have not forced users with three columns when you got Live folders. I had to rearrange my tiles and add more apps to start screen which I don't use often.

Well, has anyone had issues with notification centre, when I scroll up and down to read the notifications there is a flickering. Its not smooth as L720.
    Wp8 lvr likes this.
    10-23-2014 09:52 PM
71 123