T899M 8.1 official Samsung firmware update

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Looking at the lack of activity here and the Ativ S forum in general I guess its safe to assume the firmware and anything else we were all hoping for ain't gonna happen, shame to put the thing out to pasture considering it is a more than capable phone even with today's standards, pretty sad in a way:unhappy:

Last edited:

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I'll be buying something unlocked next time... I've already hmm'd and haww'd over the Lumia 930s on Expansys a couple of times now.

X54TH

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I had a Samsung ATIV S and just bought the Lumia 930 through OmegaCell (Edmonton). It's a fantastic phone. Best phone I've owned to date and the Denim update is a great update with "Hey Cortana". The phone has been flawless in these past two weeks. Had no problem Roaming in the US. Worked out great. I did have a concern about not having an SD Card but I'm just diligent in utilizing One Drive rather than the phone for storage.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I had a Samsung ATIV S and just bought the Lumia 930 through OmegaCell (Edmonton). It's a fantastic phone. Best phone I've owned to date and the Denim update is a great update with "Hey Cortana". The phone has been flawless in these past two weeks. Had no problem Roaming in the US. Worked out great. I did have a concern about not having an SD Card but I'm just diligent in utilizing One Drive rather than the phone for storage.
Got my 930 yesterday from Amazon after deciding to go "unbranded". Using it in the US with an AT&T mvno SIM card. Works great so far. Love my Ativ S but the upgrade to the SE would have made me dependent on Verizon and that didn't look promising.

nerdysquared

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
hey woke up this morning and notice a minor change (i all most postive), in the all app section in the past it just listed the apps install alphabetically, but now it seems that they are broken up with the letter followed by the apps so for example the letter "A" followed by "apps". any one else notice this or am i just crazy. i did a reset and nothing changed like the OS version or firmware numbers.

ShocWave

May 13, 2012
Visit site
hey woke up this morning and notice a minor change (i all most postive), in the all app section in the past it just listed the apps install alphabetically, but now it seems that they are broken up with the letter followed by the apps so for example the letter "A" followed by "apps". any one else notice this or am i just crazy. i did a reset and nothing changed like the OS version or firmware numbers.

Once you have "too many" apps installed, it adds the letters so that you can find your apps easier, rather than randomly scrolling through hundreds of apps.

ShocWave

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Grabbed WP 8.1 Update 2 using the Windows Insider app.
The camera issue seemed to be fixed at first, but it returned after I restarted my phone :(

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150410_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150410_0001.png
    82.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

mdvision

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
WOW...just got a prompt to install an update enabling update to 8.1. I thought this was a done deal and not going to happen. Very late but really happy about this......on Bell.

Update installing now....will advise on results later. Nice!

mdvision

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
"Almost Done" Migrating your data.....step 3 of 6....10% and progressing. :)

Hopefully this will also lead to being able to go to WP10. Still amazed at this official update release coming so late in the game. Now at 36%.

Now looking forward to being able to install new 8.1 apps previously unable to install on WP8 devices.

don braithwaite

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Exciting news. Now I want to know why I'm not being prompted to update. I wonder how this rolls out. There really can't be that many of us on Bell. You would think that we would have all received a prompt at the same time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo