Four column live tiles for 1520

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well that'd be interesting, but we don't have the option, unless say, the model was jailbroken, which hasn't happened for any WP 8.0+ Lumia.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Feel like 1520 can handle four column live tiles.

Probably but they are losing sales from not allowing fewer (two) columns. I know someone with a 925 who passed on a 1520 because the three column live tiles are SMALLER and harder for them to read than the 2 columns on the 925! I think MS may have overlooked the elderly or otherwise vision challenged audience who would buy a phablet just for easier reading if only it allowed that to happen via two columns. Once you open an app, things are bigger but they want the same for the live tiles.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Well that'd be interesting, but we don't have the option, unless say, the model was jailbroken, which hasn't happened for any WP 8.0+ Lumia.

Moving from 1020 to 1520, the three column tiles feels like two column tiles from 1020, too big. Want to maximize the screen estate with gazillion tiles without the need to swipe down. Haha

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Probably but they are losing sales from not allowing fewer (two) columns. I know someone with a 925 who passed on a 1520 because the three column live tiles are SMALLER and harder for them to read than the 2 columns on the 925! I think MS may have overlooked the elderly or otherwise vision challenged audience who would buy a phablet just for easier reading if only it allowed that to happen via two columns. Once you open an app, things are bigger but they want the same for the live tiles.

This. 1520 should have the same option from other lumia models (switch on for more tiles). But I want more than three columns for 1520.

DLong4

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I wonder how the Windows 10 will present live tiles; and if it will allow for screen rotation. Seems that live tile sizing should be a simple function for an OS. Some websites use responsive masonry tiling these day, too.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how the Windows 10 will present live tiles; and if it will allow for screen rotation. Seems that live tile sizing should be a simple function for an OS. Some websites use responsive masonry tiling these day, too.

Only time will tell. But I'm really looking forward to actionable live tiles. It's confirmed already for Win 10 right?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett