Accelerometer or photosynth issue?

mermonster

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I recently purchased a Lumia 930 from omegacell. I am in Japan for a holiday taking many pictures and photosynth panoramas. I have noticed that the photosynth app sometimes has a hard time "centering" it self, so to speak. That is, the grid does not align horizontally with when I hold the phone directly in front of me. I have noticed that that it appears to be worse when airplane mode is on. Perhaps this is simply an app issue that needs further investigation.

Anyway, sometimes when I get home from my daily excursions I find that the accelerometer of my device does not work. I ensure that rotation lock is off, and apps that I normally rotate, like the browser, do not rotate as expected. Today when I experienced the issue I checked the "level" app by Microsoft and instead of displaying the normal control, it displays the message "no accelerometer present".

Restarting the phone fixes the issue, but I would like to know if this is a software issue, an app (photosynth) issue, or a hardware issue (in which case I will send for a replacement from omegacell).

Any thoughts or comments?

Running cyan update. Let me know if other information is needed.

Thanks!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I recently purchased a Lumia 930 from omegacell. I am in Japan for a holiday taking many pictures and photosynth panoramas. I have noticed that the photosynth app sometimes has a hard time "centering" it self, so to speak. That is, the grid does not align horizontally with when I hold the phone directly in front of me. I have noticed that that it appears to be worse when airplane mode is on. Perhaps this is simply an app issue that needs further investigation.

Anyway, sometimes when I get home from my daily excursions I find that the accelerometer of my device does not work. I ensure that rotation lock is off, and apps that I normally rotate, like the browser, do not rotate as expected. Today when I experienced the issue I checked the "level" app by Microsoft and instead of displaying the normal control, it displays the message "no accelerometer present".

Restarting the phone fixes the issue, but I would like to know if this is a software issue, an app (photosynth) issue, or a hardware issue (in which case I will send for a replacement from omegacell).

Any thoughts or comments?

Running cyan update. Let me know if other information is needed.

Thanks!

I'll suggest that you do an intensive "break in" of your device within the warranty/replacement period. Use your accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer as much as you can within that period and see if any of those three will "fail". If one of them fails, then you may want to get yourself a replacement before it gets worse.

I also have Photosynth. It works even if your phone doesn't have a gyroscope, relying only on optical details to detect rotation. However, since the L930 has a gyroscope, Photosynth would use both optical and gyroscope data to detect rotation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb