Will the HTC One for Windows receive the EYE Experience update??

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
A quick Google of it shows a lot of HTC's android phones either getting it as an upgrade or coming with it out of the box. No mention that I noticed of WP getting it. But compared to android we've always been sort of the red headed step child anyway. Pretty new feature yet so I guess time will tell.

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
my source is HTC:
I can appreciate your interest in this application for your phone, microhaxo#wp.

Currently the HTC One M8 Phone for Windows is not slated to receive this update; however, it may get it in the future.

Please note that HTC does not announce release dates of software due to the nature of the software development process. At any point in the software development cycle a situation may be encountered that requires anything from some minor additional rework, to complete rewrites of the software base. Only after the final acceptance testing has been successfully completed will HTCrelease software. Please stay tuned to our website and social media for future update announcements.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
my source is HTC:

Who at HTC? Sounds like a customer rep.

In a nutshell, it says, "we don't know". It doesn't say 'no plans'.

Currently the HTC One M8 Phone for Windows is not slated to receive this update;

however, it may get it in the future.

Please note that HTC does not announce release dates of software due to the nature of the software development process.

Software development is fluid. I can't tell you how many times at work I have said 'not currently slated' on a feature, only for my boss to have me add it in the next week.

taekkwon

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't care about the Eye experience on current One M8 for Windows, but... i would very much like to see an One M8 Eye for Windows with the 13mp rear camera instead of that 4mp... it's coming for android, we could have it in first place at the current One for Windows release.

Let's see what comes ahead...

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
It was specifically HTC Dev support who said that. I've been working with them on fixing Firmware issues that inhibit the windows runtime and silverlight camera API from working on the m8 device. I would consider it to be pretty solid.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
It was specifically HTC Dev support who said that. I've been working with them on fixing Firmware issues that inhibit the windows runtime and silverlight camera API from working on the m8 device. I would consider it to be pretty solid.

I wouldn't, because support will never be the ones who make decisions or are truly in the know.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't care about the Eye experience on current One M8 for Windows, but... i would very much like to see an One M8 Eye for Windows with the 13mp rear camera instead of that 4mp... it's coming for android, we could have it in first place at the current One for Windows release.

Let's see what comes ahead...

The E8's camera didn't get glowing reviews vs. the M8. I wouldn't expect the Eye to be any better.

taekkwon

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, the E8 does not have the second sensor. But let's wait for the One m8 Eye (android) come out to see if it's worth it or not.

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Well, the E8 does not have the second sensor. But let's wait for the One m8 Eye (android) come out to see if it's worth it or not.

Edit: Disregard original comment.

The second sensor wont correct shortcomings of E8 camera but who knows, maybe it will be a barn burner.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site

"There's a troll in the dungeon! There's a troll in the dungeon! I just thought you should know..."

Dev Support? If there was such a place that would be awesome, but I'll assume you mean HTC Developers, who are still rocking the 8S and 8X on their website. They are the ones that don't even have Windows Phone 8.1 up on their supported list yet? They are under an NDA NOT to give out any additional information regarding software updates or features that may or may not come to devices in the future. You might ask how I know this, well it's because I am a member of HTC Developers.

Now that that's out of the way, I'm sure there will be a new build of the WP software coming soon and who knows what features will make the cut. I have a feeling that VZW is much more interested in getting people's issues resolved and bugs squished than building in a few new camera features.

microhaxo#WP

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
A member of HTC developers and an Actual HTC Developer are two different things. I have been working through htc dev support to document issues with the camera API with their firmware as well as the HTC Camera app for windows phone.

While I have never explicitly spoken with a developer, I have received several emails asking for documentation so that it could be forwarded to the dev team, there have been several followups so the back and forth is there. If the support team is simply doing this for no reason then I dont know what to tell you. I can only assume they are forwarding these details to the appropriate departments.

And if you indeed are involved in the HTC development team, then please contact whomever is incharge (consulted or not) of the HTC Camera app, and if separate the development team in charge of the firmware.

The ISO, Auto Lamp and Exposure is unable to be changed via Camera API access. Also the HTC Camera app has several bugs which are documented here:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...521&authkey=!ALJGqAnRhgLNLSw&ithint=file,docx

I am not a troll, seems odd that anything I've said has come off as such.

HTC said zoe will not be on windows phone, now they have expanded it for android AND ios. I dont think we are getting eye experience when we dont heven have zoe but that part is just my opinion based on zoe.

Personally Im not holding my breath for a update to the version 1.0.0 HTC Camera, but with the one m8 arriving on at&t in a few weeks, there is hope.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett