What are some solutions for accepting debit/credit cards on my phone?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Follow-up to the question I asked about solutions for accepting debit/credit cards

Back on July 5 I asked what solutions there were available for the Nokia Lumia 928 to accept credit card payments. (Please see the original post at What solutions are available for Windows Phones, for taking debit/credit payments?)

Now I've got a follow-up question, but rather than tack it onto the end of that tread, where it's not likely to get much attention, I thought I'd ask here. I'm looking on the Verizon website for the Lumia 928 and see they offer something called Intuit GoPayment. Now, as I write this, there's just two reviews, which isn't a lot. And the average of those reviews are 2 out of 5 stars, which isn't good. However, both of those reviews were for other devices (a Motorola Moto X and a Galaxy S4 Mini), so I've got some hopes that this might work for my wife as she works for with Pampered Chef. So my questions here are these: has anyone any experience with the Intuit GoPayment device and service? It looks very promising for our purposes and needs, so I look forward to hearing whatever people can share as to their experience with it.

anon(7937399)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
You won't find hardware credit card swipers for Windows Phone. I've looked extensively, and the only other alternative I can find is MerchantPlus. (There's InnerFence, but their pricing is predatory at best.) I have signed up for MerchantPlus for my one-man computer repair business, and they have a very good website. You will also need a NaviGate account. They are both easy to set up.

Here is the correct app from Merchant Plus: Merchant Plus | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
The only review is from me. Yay! There is an incorrect app that costs $14.99 and it is not published by Merchant Plus! Stay away from that one. I don't work for Merchant Plus; only for me.

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Steven,

Thank you for your feedback! And I especially thank you for steering me towards the correct MerchantPlus app to get! The $14.99 is the one that seems to popup, when performing a search.

So, if it doesn't include a dongle, or any other hardware, how does it process customers' credit/debit card purchases? Do you take a photo of the card with the phone's camera, or is it done some other way?

Rod

anon(7937399)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
You type in the number, expiration date and CVV manually. Normally that would incur higher rates for a "card not present" (not being swiped), but MerchantPlus' rates aren't that bad. I believe they handle the higher risk by the .30 per-transaction fee. I'm happy with that, because the hardware reader I received from Cube didn't work too well. Very unreliable, in fact. AND, it cost $34.99! So, I'll do without a hardware reader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa