Anyone on Bell Canada with ATIV S Firmware 2424.14.9.3?

mapman_yyc

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I am. I'm hoping to hear something soon, but I'm running the Developers Preview of 8.1 Update 1, so I'm pretty sure I'll have to downgrade to 8.0. Not looking forward to that.

anon(8195883)

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I am. I'm hoping to hear something soon, but I'm running the Developers Preview of 8.1 Update 1, so I'm pretty sure I'll have to downgrade to 8.0. Not looking forward to that.
It's not even possible, there is no rom to be found online to downgrade to. We maybe stuck on the Developers Preview forever, unless bell pushes an update that will work for us.

ZenBot

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It was my understanding that the firmware can and will update independently from the OS if need be. At least I certainly hope that's the case. My ATIV S certainly works OK, but it does feel like it's been a little unhappy since going to 8.1.1.

[h=3]What happens when 8.1 officially rolls out for your phone and carrier?[/h] Basically, nothing. Nothing in the good sense. Your phone will get the same update, but unless the OS is different, the only thing that will be updated is your firmware. After the update, you?ll be on the same page as everyone else.
In other words, you risk not a thing by doing this.

from this post All you need to know about the Windows Phone 8.1 'Preview for Developers' | Windows Central

nerdysquared

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Nothing yet here on the east coast, but I did notice that Bell added the Lumia 830 to their line up some hopefully that is a good sign of the update is in near future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium