What are the TMobile APN settings for the Lumia icon?

Nathaniel McCord

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
tmobile apn settings for lumia icon

I bought a Verizon Lumia Icon from verizon. text and calling seem to work but I can't seem to get data working. I've been trying to use it on T-mobile Straight talk but can't seem to find the apn settings or the instructions to change the apn any help.

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: tmobile apn settings for lumia icon

if you are 8.1, go to settings, cellular+sim, then add/edit internet apn

Internet
apn: fast.t-mobile.com
ipv type: ipv4v6

MMS
apn: fast.t-mobile.com
mmsc (url): http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
mmsc port: 80
ipv type: ipv4v6

that's all you need.

running lumia 930 unlocked via Tmobile. I also work as a Tmobile tech, do this at least 4 times a day for byod.

jawash22

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Are you using a true 930 or the Verizon Icon? I've waited because of the inability to use mms on the Verizon icon on all the forums.

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I was under the assumption that even with that, MMS would not send with a TMobile sim and correct APN settings. Its all over the forums, but I haven't heard of an update about the problem in some time now. Anybody have an Icon with a Tmobile sim (not a mvno) that works properly or know if the issue is fixed?

jsouth117

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the Icon on Tmobile, and just like everyone else I can only send MMS, not receive it. I would really like to get this working. If someone has figured this out, please help us.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Having been though this with a Samsung ATIV SE (Verizon) that I used on AT&T (MMS and internet sharing not working) I've come to find out that Verizon locks those functions on non-Verizon networks (SIMs) though firmware.
All of Verizon LTE phones are GSM unlocked, however you're most unlikely to get MMS and Internet sharing working correctly nor LTE, on anything except a Verizon network.

Fred

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Why don't you just buy the Straight Talk Activation Kit for the CDMA. It has the Verizon CDMA Nano SIM card and it works great on Straight Talk with LTE connection and MMS from Verizon. The kit cost $59 bucks and includes all the SIM cards you will need for GSM and CDMA. Did I mention that it uses the Verizon towers and the signal strength and MMS is great with no special settings.

By the way, the kit also includes the first month's data, text etc. use. Each month after that Unlimited cost $45 for 3.5 GB data, text, calls. Great deal and works great.

Just a thought.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you just buy the Straight Talk Activation Kit for the CDMA. It has the Verizon CDMA Nano SIM card and it works great on Straight Talk with LTE connection and MMS from Verizon. The kit cost $59 bucks and includes all the SIM cards you will need for GSM and CDMA. Did I mention that it uses the Verizon towers and the signal strength and MMS is great with no special settings.

By the way, the kit also includes the first month's data, text etc. use. Each month after that Unlimited cost $45 for 3.5 GB data, text, calls. Great deal and works great.

Just a thought.

Yes, thinking about that. The issue for me is that I am already on straight talk with an at&t sim. My Ativ S is just about dead so not too worried about that. My work phone is a GSM android LG G2. Work paid for the phone but I buy the service. I would not be able to use it if I transfer my phone number to the CDMA Icon. If I could switch the sim card between the 2 like I do now, it would be a no brainer for me.

iWPhoned

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Re: tmobile apn settings for lumia icon

Agreed. After the Denim installation and reinstalling everything, I'm very pleased that sending and receiving pictures is something I can do again lol.

*Anyone have the settings app force close a lot after update???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb