Dent in 930 screen, please your help!

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, yesterday my loved 930 kissed the ground resulting in a small dent in the upper right corner, just under the metal frame. Doing a little search for the spare part (since I?ve bought it in Germany a couple of months ago, but this beauty it?s not avalaible in my country), I found two different replacement parts, but with very different price, one seems to be only the glass front around USD45 and the whole screen at around USD150...

Can somebody give some advice?

Sorry but I cannot post links...booooo

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
You can post links after 10 posts.

If you can find a teardown of the Lumia 930 that would give you the best insight as to what would be best and easily replaceable. I have a crack on my L920. I was told replacing the whole digitizer was the best option as replacing just the LCD is difficult. I haven't done it yet because the screen is the same value of the phone now.

bcartwright86

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
it because the lcd and glass digitizer are manufactured together with the proper seal and glue and also in a specific way to make sure there no way dust or anything can get between the lcd and the glass.

to do it yourself is a pain in the *** as you need a hair dryer to heat the glue so you can remove it from the lcd and then try and fit a new one without any particles getting inside is difficult.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro