Lumia 730 is getting hanged and switching off

Himanshu Punetha

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,
I bought Lumia 730 on 20th Oct ,
I also bought a 32 GB Sandisk Ultra UHS-1 microSD card to use with the phone.

The problem I am facing is sometimes the screen goes all black while I am using the phone and when I press the Power button it restarts.
This has happened 4-5 times in the span of 3-4 days of testing it.
One time it happened while I was using the backup , other time it happened while using Cortana.
Yesterday when it happened , after restaring it gave an error and asked to fix the memory card , I tried the option but it kept scanning the card and all my apps on SD were not available.
I removed the card and inserted it to my laptop , it was visible there and I ran chkdsk from command prompt , it found some errors in /System Volume Information , I fixed them using the /F option and inserted it back to my phone
It was not showing any error now and worked fine for some time , I started playing a AE 3D Moto Game( installed in microSD card) it worked fine for some time but then again screen went black and phone restarted , again the same error came.

I then formatted the memory card and checked it with a utility h2Testw 1.4 to checked if it was not a fake card , the utility was able to write and verify the 29.7 GB of Data.
Card seems fine according to this.
Can anyone help me regarding the issue ?
Is anyone else also facing the same issue?
The OS version on my phone is 8.10.14167.221 , is it the current stable version?
Could this be a card compatibility issue ? , has anyone faced card compatibility issue with Sandisk Ultra 32 GB UHS-1 microSD card ?

I again formatted the card with SD Formatter and installed , not giving any issues yet from past 4-5 hours , will update if I get the same issue again

PS : - I have attached the screenshot of h2testw results

Attachments

• h2testw scrshot.png
    h2testw scrshot.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 13

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem with my 830 and a SanDisk high speed card. Seems Nokia doesn't like those.
I'm just going to get another brand of card and try it.

Fred

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Micro SD cards work fine due to high Random Access speeds, even the cheap Samsung EVO class 10 micro sd works fine.

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
i have the samsung evo 32 gb class 10, uhs-1.. But one time while using, video tune, suddenly the app crashed and phone restarted, and message of checking sd card was displayed. I didnt check it, took out the SD card, inserted to my laptop, chkdsk it, fixed problems, and I also checked with h2testw (and it showed no probs). so I inserted it back again...
TILL NOW, no errors,,fingers crossed.

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
i have the samsung evo 32 gb class 10, uhs-1.. But one time while using, video tune, suddenly the app crashed and phone restarted, and message of checking sd card was displayed. I didnt check it, took out the SD card, inserted to my laptop, chkdsk it, fixed problems, and I also checked with h2testw (and it showed no probs). so I inserted it back again...

Do post what happened next

RR Prakash

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

With samsung evo 32 gb class 10, uhs-1 sd card, my new Lumia 730 is also crashing & restarting once in 2-3 days with message for checking sd card. I have not checked sd card so far.

Did your problem got solved after after chkdsk or still it is happening?

Last edited:

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
With samsung evo 32 gb class 10, uhs-1 sd card, my new Lumia 730 is also crashing & restarting once in 2-3 days with message for checking sd card. I have not checked sd card so far.

Did your problem got solved after after chkdsk or still it is happening?
you also can format your memory card with exfat type. It helped me

Himanshu Punetha

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday , once more my phone got restarted when I was using WindowsCentral app.
It asked me to check the memory card , I tapped yes .....It takes a lot of time to check and fix error (around 15-16 minutes for my 32 GB Card) but everything works normal after that...try checking for errors in phone itself and leave the phone idle for some time...I know its not a permanent solution but for now it works. Restart problem may be a software bug of the current Windows phone version , might get resolved with an update.
It doesn't happen very frequently for me though , after so many days it happened yesterday , in between I did a hard reset once.
This also happens whenever I restart my phone by pressing the button , then also it asks to check and fix problems on SD card....although it works fine after checking for the errors but takes time for checking

Shivansh Bhardwaj

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Hey there I recently bought another d**k lumia 730 . Its really the worst actually Nokia or microsoft both are worst even with 1 Gb of ram the phone sucks it maximum times hangs , lacks , freezes . I don't understand why in Microsoft making such sucking phones . Is there anything which is responsible or if there is a solution please inform me ASAP . I am really sick of all wp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos