3rd Lumia 1520 and problems!

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Before I go any further I am not a troll as I have had 2 lumias in the past of the 1520, the issues I pointed out can be found in my post history.

Now this morning as I woke up, I used my phone as someone called me... Then left to use the bathroom, I came back and the phone was being odd and unresponsive to touch. I just pressed the power button on and off and it fixed the issue.

Now when I tried taking a picture earlier on, the camera decided to zoom in and out when doing a focus image, thought it was odd OIS, so I exited the camera app and tried the Microsoft one, again does the same thing. Oddly it wouldn't let me focus properly.

Now I did a soft reset and thought that fixed the problem, tried taking a photo again but the same issue. Now I exited the camera app to the home screen and noticed it was shaking up and down uncontrollably, eventually the screen won't respond nor the touch buttons. So I turned the screen on and off, which made the touch screen responsive.

Thinking what may have caused it... I put pressure on the top and bottom part of screen and released the pressure and the issue appeared. However it will go away when I press power on and off button.

So I want to know, is this a software problem or a hardware? This is my 3rd Lumia 1520 already spent excess money on return shipping and buying. I do have warranty but I think I'm fed up with returning and receiving. This is a brand new device, so were the other 2, I must be incredibly unlucky to receive 3 faults in 3 phones... If Nokia can provide and door to door exchange like they used to I'd be happy, but my strong feeling is they'll take it away for 2 weeks and repair and send back yet I have to bare the expense of shipping and waiting.

I'm in uk by the way, nearest Nokia care point is over 50 miles away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte