How durable is the 930?

Ralph Casimir

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone dropped their 930 since they've had it? I've looked everywhere for some idea of how strong the body of the phone is. I wanna get one but I don't want a fragile device. Any information would be helpful, even about dents. Thanks in advance.

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Get a case for extra protection. No one can say how durable they really are as it depends on the angle it's dropped, the height and the kind of floor (concrete, carpet, etc...)

leogodoy

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I dropped mine once, camera focus system broke. Didn't even have time to get it fixed: The next week it fell from a 6th floor balcony and that finished the job.

The replacement has not fell hard (yet, I have the motor skills of a newborn on caffeine), but I dropped it once from the sofa to the floor and it held well.

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I dropped mine the other day while a teeny bit intoxicated, onto a hard club floor, and it's held up fine. Had mine since very shortly after launch here in the UK, and mine has only a couple of tiny scuffs and scratches. And I'm not too kind to it either. Obviously the right fall will kill it, but that's the same with any phone. I've not used a case on any phone since I had an iPhone 3Gs years ago, and I've never felt that I've needed one since. I've killed an HTC Desire and a Sony Z1 in that time- the HTC was a screen onto a hard floor, and the the Z1 was crushed in a car door which wouldn't have been helped with a case. I've also had a Lumia 800 and 925 in that timeframe, which were equally misstreated but unaffected (the 925 had problems but not to do with being dropped!).
I'd certainly not worry about a Nokia device's sturdiness!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's not an exact science, I've seen the same model of phone survive this harrowing experience, only for someone elses to die at the hands of something that appears much less serious.

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Drop mine once on the floor and nothing... no dents no scufs, nothing. i have a back case and a screensaver and i feel it's very durable, very solid.

Paul215821

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I've dropped mine several times now on a tile floor, and it's holding up better than expected. There are some dings on the corners of the frame, which are more noticeable because I have the all-black version, but nothing too bad. I don't use a case, and after the abuse it has survived, I don't think it really needs it.

Ignition1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I've dropped it on concrete from about 5ft. No issues with screen etc but I've got scuffing like in the picture below on all 4 corners of the black metal rim. I expected some marks at least, though I have dropped my old plastic Samsung GS3 and an iPhone4 from a similar height (with a similar drunken mistake) and they both survived without a single mark. It all depends on how the phone hits the floor though and that is practically random.

Lumia 930 scratches.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos