Nokia Lumia 820 Bugs and Defects

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Post below if you think your Nokia Lumia 820 has any issues or isn't behaving as it should. This thread is for the discussion of any hardware or software issues.

Below is an overview of some of the terminology you may come across:

[tip]Soft Reset: By pressing down the Volume Down + Power buttons for 10-15 seconds (or until the device vibrates) you can perform a soft reset on your device. This is a little bit like a factory reset for your phone's OS only you get to keep all of your personal data. Think of it like restarting your PC. This is the first thing you should try if your device is behaving oddly.

Hard Reset: By going to settings>about>reset your phone you can completely wipe your phone of your personal data (ideal if you're going to send in your phone for repair or sell it). Your phone will turn off and you'll see spinning gears for a while (up to an hour or so) and when it's done you will see the same screens you saw when you first turned on your phone out of the box. You'll have to sign in with your Microsoft account again and start over.

How to make your Lumia's batter last longer: See the thread over at the Nokia Discussion Forum here.

How to reset your device's camera: Go to settings>applications>photos+camera>reset.[/tip]

Last edited:

Sourav Ghatak

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 820 shuts off and won't turn on until a do soft reset or reinstall the battery.
I have lost faith on its alarm as it seems smart enough to shut itself off when I set an alarm.

ssushmanth

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I always have my 2g enabled .. When I stay for sometime where there is no signal n returns to a place where signal is back my 2g won't work after then .. It works only after a restart. I tried turning on/off data without restart but nothing works.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
This isn't necessarily a bug as the Lumia 820 only officially supports cards up 32GB, but it really does NOT play nicely with 64GB. It also seems to have issues connecting to the officially Mac transfer app in comparison to the 520.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Been having a 64GB SD card in my 820 since the day after I got it, two years ago. Have every app except three (which won't allow install to SD) on the SD card and have no problems with any of it, plus music and five or six movies. While Microsoft (Nokia) have done some things wrong with the phones their SD card support is great. I own a Moto G lte and Android's support of SD cards is miles behind Microsoft and that is with the latest (out already) version KitKat 4.4.4

andrew bowman2

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I discovered a bug while messing with my battery. I tilted my battery without losing connection to the phone and when I replaced the battery it started charging even though it wasn't plugged in.

Aratha Sena

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
my first post here. Don't where to ask, today my phone updating since there's a warning of critical update. However, after the update complete, my phone just shut down and cannot be turn on. Even when i plug the charger, it doesn't charging.

kindly need help.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise