Got my 830 yesterday but thinking of switching to 930 because of camera, wwyd?

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
No, it's not selling like hot cakes anywhere and I am not from the US.

Well that's odd considering WP has a higher marketshare then iOS in Italy (15,2% vs 10%). As i said, WP can sell well, it jut needs the right promoting. Sorry for OT btw.

apinkel

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
If you are switching due to camera performance you might want to check out the following link from the 730 subforum:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-730-735/314968-4.htm#post2837925

Someone posted some pics comparing the 730 to the 830 and later someone added some additional links to reviews that compare the 830 and 930. It's worth checking out. Honestly, all three phones are pretty darn good, at least in good light. None of the pictures really do a good job highlighting differences in things like color accuracy or low light performance but it's better than nothing.

...and for what it's worth, in looking over the pictures I'm partial to the 830 pics. But low light performance is the one area I'd really like to see more samples, especially between the 830 and 930.

Last edited:

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
If you are switching due to camera performance you might want to check out the following link from the 730 subforum:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-730-735/314968-4.htm#post2837925

Someone posted some pics comparing the 730 to the 830 and later someone added some additional links to reviews that compare the 830 and 930. It's worth checking out. Honestly, all three phones are pretty darn good, at least in good light. None of the pictures really do a good job highlighting differences in things like color accuracy or low light performance but it's better than nothing.

...and for what it's worth, in looking over the pictures I'm partial to the 830 pics. But low light performance is the one area I'd really like to see more samples, especially between the 830 and 930.
i saw that comparison...and i have to say the 6.7Mp camera from 730 impressed me the most!

comparing to 830 pics, it really only loses a bit on detail because of lower resolution but in quality terms, it's really really good and waaay better than the 8Mp Moto G camera SPECIALLY in low light!

software is to be praised too, since the low light results wouldn't be achieved without manual controls!

only Nokia to make a mid-range that takes some decent low-light photos hahahah

p.s: i'm saying DECENT, ofc it is not even near to 930 for example but for the phone price tag, it is amazing what it can do in terms of photo quality!

Ferazzz

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Just sent my 930 back today and also picked up an 830. Just as quick overall (don't play games) and camera is awesome! Awesome little device and SD makes it work the slight spec drop

Hugo Sundberg

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I use my phone to take pictures of my family so if it really is worth paying the extra for the 930 then I think I will go for that one. If it wasn't for the possibly better camera on the 930 I would probably stick with the 830 though. I like the tap to open function and the general look and feel of it. Its smooth and really quick compared to my now elderly 920. I am thinking the Hey Cortana function might trump those aspects of the 830 though. The price drop is also swaying me. I do think they should lower the price of the 830 now so its more in line with the 930's price point.
The 830 camera is sharper than the 930 though. The 830 has 6 lenses and i think the 930 only has 5 and that make a significant difference. i compared them both at an electronics shop. :)

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the quality, but a six lens would make it sharper, compared to the same sensor with 5. think of the 920s 5-element lens to the 925s 6-element lens. The 925 is sharper.

Maybe. Was the comparison done with dng to dng output to tiff. You can't compare the two if jpegs are being used.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro