Losing Wifi???

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I could be wrong but I think it's the half-*** Denim firmware that comes stock on the 830. I switched out my 830 for a 1520 and no longer have the issues, my gf still has her 830 and still has the same problems on same wifi locations.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had that problem before with my Lumia 830 as well. However, it hasn't happened since I installed the full final Denim for the phone about two weeks ago. Might just be luck, though.

Pastrami1

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Now that I think about it, when I initially connected my blue tooth headset the wireless quality bars would all go away, but quickly come back. I don't use many blue tooth devices at all, just the occasional headset once in awhile.

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I still have this issue. I don't believe it's hardware related. I'm going to reset my phone to factory, and use internal storage only and remove the micro SD card too. I'm doing this as I occasionally get the SD card errors message on boot up, and I want to eliminate this from the equation. I'll follow up in a week or so with the outcome.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Anybody on AT&T having this issue? I'm leaning toward the 830 over the iPhone 6, but this problem might just be a deal breaker...
A new development with my ATT 830 over the last couple days. My phone connects to my office wi-fi, but when I leave work and come home it stays connected to the office wi-fi and doesn't even see my home wi-fi. Caused me to have to shut off the phone and restart. I've had the 830 since the day ATT released it, yet this issue just started this week.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

ronharding

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I replaced my SIM so that issue has gone away.

I still get the WiFi issue. from my testing, if I disable Bluetooth, WiFi comes back, then I enable BT. I wear BT enabled hearing aides, so I need to have BT on this is a pain in the ****.

I wonder if this has to do with the 830 on have the early release of Denim, and will be fixed with the updated Denim.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I deleted the Fitbit BT profile, and deleted the Fitbit app, and so far I haven't experienced this wi-fi issue. Was at the office yesterday, connected to wi-fi and when I got home my 830 connected to my home network. I haven't been using the Fitbit for a while, so no great loss if that's a temporary fix, but obviously this situation shouldn't be.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been having a lot of trouble with the wifi over the past week or so. (had the phone for about 2 months).
I've changed nothing, rarely have Bluetooth on and don't own a fitbit or anything like it.

Basically it finds my router, but fails to connect, going to airplane mode then back doesn't work, only a restart does and at this point it's about once a day. Pretty annoying. Everything else I own works perfectly fine.

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The phantom disappearance of Wifi connectivity (looks like it's connected, but it's not) is related to bluetooth.

I've confirmed this through a month of testing. When you enable bluetooth, connect a bluetooth device and wifi - eventually both will stop working. The timing varies, but it will happen. The only solid fix is a reboot, although sometime you can turn on/off airplane mode.

I confirmed it's bluetooth by testing various scenarios - if you disable bluetooth and never connect any bluetooth device, you will most likely never have a WiFi issue. There seems to be a problem with the driver for the bluetooth/wireless radio. Hopefully they can fix it in a future update.

The biggest pain in the @$$ is that if you have a fitbit, or an MS band - the bluetooth connection will appear connected but randomly die. So, it makes the band essentially worthless because you cannot count on it staying connected.

ronharding

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I have not had the issue since u put on the Windows 10 TP for phones

March 30th update.
I rolled back to 8.1 so I could get the DENIM update. have not had the issue again. waiting for the next 10 TP release to get back on Windows 10

Last edited:

lesd777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Formatting/ factory reset didn't fix it. Switching to airplane mode method doesn't bring back the Wi-Fi, and turning off Bluetooth doesn't resolve my issue. I do get SD card errors often on boot up, and it's a class 10. I'm ordering a class 4 to see if that somehow is the culprit.

stocktiki

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Having same issue here. Have 830 AT&T and a Band. Wifi won't connect periodically and Bluetooth drops. GPS fix issues too. Hopefully this is fixed soon.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine still drops the wifi, I almost never use Bluetooth, so for me that's not an issue.
What I also notice is that any time I join a new network, it tries to connect and fails. I must restart the phone to get it to work.

mj0

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Same here, I've had it pre and post full Denim update on my 830. The main difference was that post full Denim a full reboot was required to fix it. Flightmode had absolute no effect whatsoever anymore. On the other hand it was much less frequent, maybe once every three to four weeks or even less than that.

jcar302

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on the developer preview.
I will install it if it helps, I just thought the 830 had denim already. Is it worth it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6