best place to get a replacement Screen?

Jozef jurcisin

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
performance and quality are not the best some times I need to press harder on screen + the arrow and windows logo on bottom do not light same way as it use to.

mth17

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Bro, I just went through a screen replacement and I can say I found a really good website:

Nokia Lumia 1020 LCD + Touch Screen Assembly + Frame Replacement

I was looking around through YouTube trying to find videos of how to replace my screen and came up upon this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AxFvJ99EuI

And the uploaded had put into the decription the url for the site. I bought from there and actually chose the FedEx shipping rate because I just wanted my screen. And so, i replaced using the tutorial he provided and voila! It worked fine.

The only thing I noticed is that when you have Glance on, the letters are a little bit fainter, but other than that, it feels like I have a new NL1020 again :grin:
The screen is vibrant, colors are good, the arrow, home, and search buttons all light up properly, and it even has the AT&T logo LOL

I checked eBay out too, but I just don't personally trust the sellers because they seem a lil fishy and having photos that are all the same, seller to seller.

Side by Side Comparison
V__1C60(1).jpg

The new screen responds properly to Sunlight adjustment and automatic brightness. The scrolling is also smooth as it should be.

Last edited:

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
thanks for the information on the screen. I am going for that 149 one with the AT&T logo. I miss my phone. I am using my note 1 and it sucks.

a daigle

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
re: Jozef's post from above
" 3 weeks ago I replaced my self.
I got from ebay. So far it works for me. Most seller on ebay sucks!!!

USA Digitizer Touch LCD Display Screen Panel Assembly for Nokia Lumia 1020 | eBay "

I also used this dealer on eBay, and just replaced my screen. Here's my experience: for some reason, the package was stuck in California mail distribution center past the expected delivery date. I contacted the seller, and they worked with me to get the part delivered within the next 3 days. Great customer service, worked out shipping issue without a hitch quickly and at no additional charge.

The video mth17 provided is a great how-to you can watch as you disassemble, and it makes disassembly/reassembly a breeze. I've fixed several iPhones before and this was just as easy. I have a precision screwdriver, and that's all I really needed. I easily pried the screen up with my fingernail instead of using a plastic pry tool used in some videos.
Moving the camera/proximity module to the new part wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. Be careful with some of the soft pads they instruct you to transfer to new part; they are held on with a double-sided adhesive that can be a pain to remove. I carefully used an Exacto knife to peel them up enough to grab a hold of.

Once I turned the phone back on, it was great to see the new screen. I can't tell a difference with scrolling or pressing on the screen to navigate, but I would agree that the Windows logo and arrow are not illuminating like they had. It maybe seems a little duller than before, but I never really paid much attention to that anyway, so not much of a deal-breaker.

I can't appreciate any difference in color, vibrancy, response to touch or anything really aside from what I've already mentioned. It doesn't have the AT&T logo, but again, not a deal-breaker for me. I couldn't justify spending an extra $30 for the chance of having my AT&T logo back or the free pry tool in mth17's post.

All in all, you're probably in good shoes getting from either of the sellers here. I browsed all over Amazon and eBay prior to ordering and these 2 are the most reliable sources I could find. I may edit this post later if I find anything wrong, or once I have pictures up from the repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans