Microsoft Band and the Lumia 1520

oneira

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
So, did anyone manage to snag a Microsoft Band before they sold out?

It seems to me that it would be the ideal accessory for the L1520 -

With the larger form factor of the phone, it would let me leave the phone in my work bag whilst still altering me to calls, messages or emails. No more need to keep the phone squashed up in my front pocket!

Can't wait to get my hands on one, wonder when they'll be coming to Australia...

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Band paired to my 1520. and yes, it feels good to see who's calling you or talk to Cortana without touching your phone. :3

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It's probably exactly what you imagine it to be. My Band is paired to my 1520, and my wrist buzzes with new messages / emails / calls. I glance at my wrist and 9 out of 10 times will deal with it later, but can respond immediately when appropriate. I'm very happy with the coupling! You should know, however, that my BT audio in my vehicle has some intermittent stuttering - not bad but others have reported unusability (like ones a second). Research a bit to know if this may apply to you.

My only wish is further configurability of the notifications - I'd love to mute one of my email accounts completely from the band but at present it's all or nothing. I'd also like to see an update where clearing the notification on the phone also clears it from the band. Clearing both is a bit annoying (I don't mind the phone being the 'master' and is never cleared by teh band, but it would really be nice to only have notifications I haven't seen yet on the band). I'm sure things will improve with updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786