Updated 1020 to Dev Preview - now camera and line messenger crashes

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Title says it all. Updated wife's 1020 in order to get her full functionality with the new Microsoft Band. First thing we noticed was line messenger crashes when trying to open a conversation (never happened before). This morning noticed that opening the camera (any camera app) causes an immediate crash of the app.

Doesn't help that my wife loathes when I update her phone because inevitably something breaks. 😃

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Title says it all. Updated wife's 1020 in order to get her full functionality with the new Microsoft Band. First thing we noticed was line messenger crashes when trying to open a conversation (never happened before). This morning noticed that opening the camera (any camera app) causes an immediate crash of the app.

Doesn't help that my wife loathes when I update her phone because inevitably something breaks. 😃

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Have you tried soft resetting? When I updated to the dev preview I had to soft reset because it showed the incorrect battery percentage

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried soft resetting? When I updated to the dev preview I had to soft reset because it showed the incorrect battery percentage

Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried but no joy. I guess my options are hard reset and no dev preview or try again with hard reset and dev preview? Anything else I should try?

Haven't tried installing and reinstalling camera, but tried repeatedly with Line with no success.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd back up, hard reset and restore. It's funny because I've never had any major issues, and I've been on DP since GDR3

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
No joy on anything. Tried hard reset & lumia recovery tool. Time to go to the MSFT Store - glad I purchased there w/ the extended no hassle exchange warranty.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Update - MSFT store looked at it and somehow identified that (two?) camera drivers went bad. They tried to fix it but had no luck either. My wife is now the proud new owner of a brand spanking new Yellow 1020 to replace the former black one for the low price of $49.00...thank you warranty!

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Update - MSFT store looked at it and somehow identified that (two?) camera drivers went bad. They tried to fix it but had no luck either. My wife is now the proud new owner of a brand spanking new Yellow 1020 to replace the former black one for the low price of $49.00...thank you warranty!

That's fantastic!! Glad to hear it got resolved :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb