Malfunctioning CDMA can be fixed?

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone,

My father wants to buy a cheap used unlocked 1520 so I checked up on eBay I found one at a pretty good price (160$)so of course something has to be wrong. According to the description. All the bands that use CDMA doesn't work for some reason. I was wondering if there's a possibility to fix it since my father's carrier uses LTE and CDMA. I mean it should be an antenna problem right? I don't see why only the cdma is malfunctioning.

Thanks in advance

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Now that you mention it. I find it strange if it uses cdma since that's an old technology. So I checked gsmarena for the whole bands list and surprise. They're no cdma bands in it just lte, gsm and hsdpa oh well. His provider uses hsdpa as well so he's fine for calls :p

Thanks for the answer mdk22

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately while it may be old its still used. Verizon uses this technology and its why we can't have the 1520 on their network. CDMA requires them to approve ALL devices on the network in addition to the special radio. This means you can't go over their head like many T-Mobile users did by switching from the T-Mobile firmware on the 925 to the AT&T firmware. Fortunately its days are numbered. I saw somewhere Verizon is pulling the plug in 2021. However with their treatment of the Icon users, I'm not sure I would want to go back.

Now that you mention it. I find it strange if it uses cdma since that's an old technology. So I checked gsmarena for the whole bands list and surprise. They're no cdma bands in it just lte, gsm and hsdpa oh well. His provider uses hsdpa as well so he's fine for calls :p

Thanks for the answer mdk22

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett