Why has my OneDrive app icon greyed out and my photos gone missing after the 8.1 update?

Mark Potts

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Broken photo hub OneDrive integration after 8.1 update

I updated to WP 8.1 back in late August and, ever since then, the OneDrive app icon has been greyed out and my OneDrive picture folders have been missing from the photo hub. Does anyone know if Microsoft is making a fix for this or, if not, how to resolve this ongoing cloud integration issue? Thanks.

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Have you changed your Microsoft account to a different name (or had a different Microsoft account linked on your phone)?

I just checked the OneDrive app on my phone and it looks like, even if it wasn't greyed out, it is impossible to delete it and re-download it, indicating that if there is a further issue you would have to reset your phone to factory settings.

Also, if you go to OneDrive.com and sign in with your Microsoft Account, does your picture folders appear there?

Mark Potts

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I've only used one Microsoft account on the phone and everything is as per usual on the OneDrive website and with other apps which access OneDrive. Only the photo hub has not synchronised. I know that there are others in the same boat and I was wondering if Microsoft is going to address the issue in an update. Thanks for you response.

Therealeinn

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
One suggestion I can think of is to create a new Pictures folder in OneDrive (on your desktop/laptop or on OneDrive.com), copy all of your pictures and sub-folders containing all of your pictures to the new Pictures folder, and delete the old folder. It may be that there was an issue or glitch preventing the folder from syncing properly.

Hope this works for you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99