Anyone Getting HTC One from TMobile?

sraina

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I called a T-Mobile store today and was told by the manager that they are NOT going to carry this phone - A cancelled launch - I highly doubt that but still disappointing to see T-Mobile or HTC mess this up. MSFT needs to button up these processes because at the end of it - it is their brand which suffers and Now is not a good time to see OS losses in the US market where they are already performing poorly. Device exclusivity has to go!

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I called a T-Mobile store today and was told by the manager that they are NOT going to carry this phone - A cancelled launch - I highly doubt that but still disappointing to see T-Mobile or HTC mess this up. MSFT needs to button up these processes because at the end of it - it is their brand which suffers and Now is not a good time to see OS losses in the US market where they are already performing poorly. Device exclusivity has to go!

Not cancelled just on back order. So they delay the ordering so people can't complain about constrained supplies. But then people complain about not being able to order. Go figure.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I called to cancel mine this morning as I think it would be best to wait until year end or next year to see what MS has up it's sleeve.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Not cancelled just on back order. So they delay the ordering so people can't complain about constrained supplies. But then people complain about not being able to order. Go figure.

Hopefully that's true, but right now you can't even find the One M8 for Windows on the T-Mobile site if you're trying to use your jump upgrade. Yesterday it was there showing backordered but today it's not even there. If I visit the site without logging in as if I'm looking for a new line, it's still there buy says "Coming Soon".

​Frustrating.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully that's true, but right now you can't even find the One M8 for Windows on the T-Mobile site if you're trying to use your jump upgrade. Yesterday it was there showing backordered but today it's not even there. If I visit the site without logging in as if I'm looking for a new line, it's still there buy says "Coming Soon".

​Frustrating.

They don't have any supply right now and the same thing is going on for the Nexus 6 that has been pushed back from today to the 19th. I think this sudden weather change has disrupted the shipping on things. Until they get a decent supply it will remain as coming soon and unavailable for even upgrades.

My order has now been canceled as of today and I will wait until year end or next year to see whats going on windows phone wise.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I just called and was told it was back ordered 2-3 weeks (From date of order..Nov 9). She checked my order and thats what it was flagged as. She also checked a back order sheet she had and said it said samething.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
From @tmobilehelp on twitter:

Hello Jeff! We apologize for the delay. We had very limited staffing due to the holiday yesterday. We do not have any new info on the......launch date of the M8 for Windows. We do have your preorder that you were able to complete and as soon as the device is......launched and we have them in stock, it will be shipped out! *AF 3/3

(I didn't realize it was a preorder :)

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
It's been five days since I played my order and it still states 'Back ordered.' So was November 9th just a pre-order date and not an actual launch date?

WWedlock1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
What's concerning to me is their unwillingness to commit to any type of timeline. They'll give timelines for other products, but not for the M8 for Windows.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I just called and she told me there was an "error". I asked what that meant she said they did not know details just something with manufacturer. She said did not know if were going to carry but wanted to check. She said you have been with T-Mobile 14 years..let me call you back. She called back in 15 minutes and she said we are are getting for sure just don't have a date yet. She advised to stay back ordered so would be one of first shipped /shrug.

***On a plus side, she did say they have gotten a lot of calls on this phone :)

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
It's been five days since I played my order and it still states 'Back ordered.' So was November 9th just a pre-order date and not an actual launch date?

Real date..something happened and they pulled order. I was told yesterday Nov. 23-Nov 3oth now. May have been a guess on there part

WWedlock1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I suppose it could be an issue with HTC. It really doesn't matter to me where the issue lies. I'm more concerned with the lack of communication. The "Coming Soon" line is getting old. I could handle it if they would just come out and say that it was delayed 3 weeks. As it stands right now the phone isn't even an option the Jump program.

WWedlock1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
While I think about their track record the Lumia 810 comes to mind. That wasn't handled well either. I like the benefits that T-Mobile has to offer, but to be honest I don't use many of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss