Lumia 730 available in India?

tushardhingra

May 20, 2014
Visit site
This is really rediculous, Lumia 730 is unavailable in india microsft store and all other online and brick & mortar stores. And with those it is available are taking the advantage of the situation (like snapdeal.com) and selling it above the price at which it was launched (₹15299)
Very less people are gonna wait in India and will simply choose any android phone with same specifications in lack of knowledge. Microsoft you are loosing many customers btw!!!
When will it be available in India?

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised Snapdeal is doing this. Just recently they were on a sale spree and now this....I suggest you wait for a few days and it should be back in the stores.

tushardhingra

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot Manu but I think I should wait. Actually the phone is in short supply as said by some retailers. May be Microsoft is trying to be Xiomi (the flash sale) :D

Last edited:

manu3787

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks a lot Manu but I think I should wait. Actually the phone is in short supply as said by some retailers. May be Microsoft is trying to be Xiomi (the flash sale) :D

Microsoft will never be a Xiaomi . The sales for lumia phones in the past have been bleak and for this reason they did not want to over stock phones and face a crisis in case of a failure. But to their amazement the 30 series phones are doing very well and so they have run out of supply . But am sure they will bring surplus stock to make the best of Christmas season.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Xiomi and Flipkart both appear to have some deal to create an illusion of high demand for Xiomi phones by launching flash sales in India. Both were successful in doing so. They used to run out of stock few seconds after sales go online. It was nothing but pure marketing strategy. I got a chance to use this red mi for an hour or so as one of my friend was able to book it. Its such a low quality phone and has no premier appearance as compared to 730. I like MS approach of keeping it limited as the sales of 730 was unexpected and as they have realized that its a hit model, they will manufacture large units and bring it back in the markets. Xiomi's success was just hype created by android biased reviewers plus Flipkart's bad move of flash sales. MS don't do such flash sales at least to make folks fool out there!

aps_edu1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Folks Lumia 730 is retailing from Meerut Nokia Store at a low price of 14k and yes it is still available. Don't go for online stores they have only creates a buzz due their limited stock or supply and some are actually taking advantage by selling at a hefty premium.

tushardhingra

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah Manu n Ashish I totally agree with you, the flash sale of Xiomi was a wasteful haox created by flipkart and everybody was talking about how the phone got dusappeared in minutes of going on sale.

Still waiting for Lumia 730 though, don't wanna pay any premium for that :)

Wp8 lvr

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes it is hype created by flipkart...

Xiaomi is not trusted brand... last week Indian Air force told that xiaomi tracking and stole data of indian users for Chinese government.
it is not easy to sell any flagship devices at incredibly low cost like xiaomi. means chinese government funding them internally to spy in other countries.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes it is hype created by flipkart...

Xiaomi is not trusted brand... last week Indian Air force told that xiaomi tracking and stole data of indian users for Chinese government.
it is not easy to sell any flagship devices at incredibly low cost like xiaomi. means chinese government funding them internally to spy in other countries.

Exactly. I read that news too and our govt had advised users to stay away from Xiomi phones.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes