Lumia 1020 vs. iPhone 6 Plus Camera Comparison

Emix1988

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Camera head to head: Nokia Lumia 1020 versus Apple iPhone 6 Plus

Stunning output from the 'PureView' Nokia Lumia 1020 here in extremely challenging conditions. How exactly can tech site after tech site, not least DxOMark, rate the 1020 below the iPhone 6 Plus for imaging? I'm honestly stumped. The 1020's oversampling sensor and optics are just streets ahead, as you can see for yourself here.

I do feel sometimes that I'm the kid shouting at the procession that "the emperor is naked!" while others see what they're told to see. Tech sites across the world proudly proclaim that the iPhone 6 Plus has the best smartphone camera and either ignore or mark down the Lumia 1020 and ABSOLUTELY CANNOT SEE WHY, at least in terms of results.

The Apple iPhone 6 and 6 Plus camera is up with the 'best of the rest', including the Samsung Galaxy S5, the Sony Xperia Z3, but all of these are behind the Nokia PureView oversampling cameras, led by the 1020. I've now tested over a hundred smartphone cameras in the last decade and, quite simply, the Nokia Lumia 1020 remains top dog. Whatever other sites may say - and with the comparator above hopefully you can see the evidence for yourself.

King.

Diavke

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Comparing 1020 camera and iPhone 6 is just plain stupid and sites like DxOMark are known to have zero credibility. However when it comes to top dog discussion everyone forgets 808, which despite having ancient software is still the king and only then comes 1020.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
By the way, great comparison. Tested under fair conditions too.

I only worry that some people will not see beyond the website title.. 'All About Windows Phones'. No doubt they will claim bias even though it's clear to see that the test was perfectly fair.

I too have a plane collection in my back garden...but yours is incredibly impressive ;)

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Great comparison, i'm not letting go of my 1020 but will be great to see MS use the technology available to come up with something to knock these comparison sites into touch. here's hoping!

Last edited:

Arup Roy Chowdhury

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
The only camera that comes close to 1020 is 20.7MP Xperia Z3 but that too in hands that know how to use the Manual mode but still in outright resolution it falls short.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Awesome side by side comparison. And goes along with what I have witnessed personally, and through many photos shot and shown on the net. The iPhone 6 does not hold a candle to the 1020 when it comes to photos! 1020 is the KING!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
All these so called review and test sites are mostly paid off to say whats "best", or they want an invite to the next iPhone release stroke session. If you say anything bad about the iPhone, the apple will hear you and your out of the circle jerk. ha ha.

EDIT: I should specify stroking of the almighty apple's ego.:grincry: Oh apple, you da best, your ripped of technology and consumer control tactics are so advanced. Next you will have a 41 mp camera, live tiles and other things from win/droid. And then tout them as your new revolutionary features. ha ha

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
No other smartphone camera comes close.Nothing else comes close.Period. For the future only another Lumia can replace the 1020. Do enjoy rest of your day

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
No other smartphone camera comes close.Nothing else comes close.Period. For the future only another Lumia can replace the 1020. Do enjoy rest of your day

Exactly, No other smartphone unless they copy the design of the 1020 camera will beat it. then they have to get the software right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6