Denim and Lumia Camera

oshea

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I bought the international lumia 830 (984) version. It says it has the Denim update on it. (see picture below)
But when I went to the app store, it said only the Lumia Camera Classic was for download? The WPC article said the Classic is for older models and the non-classic is fore 830, 930 and 1520.
I'm I missing something?
Is the Denim on my 830 not up to date?
IMG_0572.JPG
IMG_0568.JPG

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
A quicker way to check your phone information is by going to Settings -> Extra + Info

If you read the description of Lumia Camera Classic you'll see it says it's specific to your phone (L830) and the L930, L1520 and Icon only.

The Lumia Camera is for all other phones.

Vitor Leite

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Jesus!

Microsoft did make this confusing! And I thought this was due to a bug that I couldn't download Lumia Camera to my phone, and it's hard reseting right now because of this... ??'

Gotta redownload all my apps and settings now, for nothing...

Arman Qureshi

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I think you are new windows phone user..first of all welcome to wp community

Let me clarify you (i do have Lumia 830)

Don't laugh i'm gonna tell you a story 😜

Once there was a app called "Nokia camera" and "Nokia camera beta" ..No rich capture in them..than at one night both of them disappeared from world.. thousand of people start finding them ..but no one succeeded..people were spreading rumour that they are pulled by god(developer) for making them more better and giving them some features like "Rich capture"...after a 3-4 days large community like WindowsCentral and some developers succeed to find them and present in front of world as update "Lumia camera" and "Lumia camera classic"... classic version support living images for cyan (it's in-built in denim)

And "Lumia camera" was for 830,930,1520,icon users..but for sad it was just name changer update for Us..no new features!! We were upset but ..than go for name changer update..but to our surprise it was not there .."Lumia camera" disappeared once again..leaving his cousin"Lumia camera classic" behind..and still not found :(

So let's pray to god(developers) give him back to us with new feature called "Rich capture" improved shutter speed and more..

I hope you understand :p😋

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I still don't get it. Got my ATT 830 yesterday and it has Nokia Camera? Am I missing something? Will Lumia Classic Camera give me features I don't already have? Should I just wait for Lumia Camera?

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I still don't get it. Got my ATT 830 yesterday and it has Nokia Camera? Am I missing something? Will Lumia Classic Camera give me features I don't already have? Should I just wait for Lumia Camera?

LCC offers no more then Nokia camera already on the L830, so you can wait

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Of course, you dont have the very latest updates on your phone! But didnt your phone check for updates? Then you should have Lumia Camera now. But like already said, its not the "real" Lumia Camera WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR (FOR MONTHS NOW !!!! )

Arman Qureshi

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Of course, you dont have the very latest updates on your phone! But didnt your phone check for updates? Then you should have Lumia Camera now. But like already said, its not the "real" Lumia Camera WE ARE ALL WAITING FOR (FOR MONTHS NOW !!!! )

Bro Lumia camera is not available in store for L830,930,1520,icon... Check this Microsoft website

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...t%2Fproduct%2Flumia-camera4%2F&token=FybWbF2_

They will give new Lumia camera app for high-end users..

Tellus82

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Camera Classic

You automatically get the new Lumia Camera app with the Lumia Denim software update if you have a Lumia 830, 930, 1520 or Icon. Lumia Camera Classic has all the features of the previous Lumia Camera app.

LCC is a name update to the already installed Nokia camera on the 830, nothing more. The upcomming new Lumia camera is not yet released. For the 830 you get the LCC for now or stay with Nokia app, no need to make it more complicated then it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss