Too tall!

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I played around with this phone in the Microsoft Store and would have bought it in a heartbeat if it wasn't so damn tall. What's the point of the big top and bottom bezels?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't own one, but the speakers really are nice. Wish I had speakers like that on my phone when I lived on campus. Would've been nice to have.

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't own one, but the speakers really are nice. Wish I had speakers like that on my phone when I lived on campus. Would've been nice to have.

Yeah, it's probably worth it for some people and I'm sure they wanted to sell something unique. I might be wrong, but I think the general masses would have preferred a shorter phone with less impressive speakers.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
:-D, yeah noticed it after my comment. Well, its a tall phone..may be too tall because of its speakers!

The speakers are actually the one thing that truly bothers me about this phone. Aside from it being an android rehash of course. You complain about the height which doesn't bother me but the design with the speakers bothers me as well. I know boomsound makes it loads better but I hate it also because of how it looks and I much prefer my speakers on the back. It just messes with the look of the phone to me.

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
The speakers are actually the one thing that truly bothers me about this phone. Aside from it being an android rehash of course. You complain about the height which doesn't bother me but the design with the speakers bothers me as well. I know boomsound makes it loads better but I hate it also because of how it looks and I much prefer my speakers on the back. It just messes with the look of the phone to me.

For me, the best placement of speakers is at the bottom. Most of the times I listen to music out of the phone speakers, it's laying flat on the desk or night stand with bottom facing towards me.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
For me, the best placement of speakers is at the bottom. Most of the times I listen to music out of the phone speakers, it's laying flat on the desk or night stand with bottom facing towards me.

Eh I suppose I can see that. People also hated the 1020 camera hump being so big as well last year. Of course for me I actually like it but yeah that's a good point.

Still with my speakers on the back the music or calls never sounded muffled though I am not denying the m8 has better speakers. I suppose I am a tad superficial lol

Adrynalyne

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site

When people watch videos, it is usually in landscape. Their placement makes the most sense for that.

I'm almost willing to bet that more people watch videos than listen to music through their phone speakers.

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that makes sense. I guess I'm more of a music consumer. But the height bothers me more than the placement of the speakers.

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I guess wasted bezel space and height is a pet peeve of mine. It's taller than the iPhone 6, which I thought was to tall and returned after a week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss